Saturday 16 June 2012

31 Day Challenge - Day 11 - Polka Dot Nails

I love polka dots, they are SO cute ^_^ and pretty much idiot proof (needs to be for someone like me). I could add polka dots to anything and it would turn out cute. I wanted to do a Minnie Mouse-esque polka dot design. I was going to do a French manicure, but I truly think my base coat has died. So I ran into an issue. I now use a different base coat; the problem is it isn’t a base coat, it’s a French manicure over colour thing so it’s super shimmery.

Basically I decided not to do a French manicure.


                                                              (I really like the thumb)

The white was extremely difficult to work with, it did that weird stringy thing and went a bit dry. Always happens with white nail polish but the Sally Hansen one did seem to be working well. I guess that changed today. I especially liked the thumbs, I did my left hand better as I think at that point I  “got in the swing of things” and it went better. I did glitter on the alternate fingers to jazz things up a bit. Although I do prefer it without the glitter. I got a bit overenthusiastic and that’s how the glitter happened.
                                                            (Just the plain polka dots :))

Colours used:
Red: OPI – Dutch Tulips
White: Sally Hansen Hard As Nails – French White Tip
Glitter: Revlon – Belle
Black: Lovely Me:Ex – Black

Equipment used:
Bobby pin

Yay!!! My nails are at the perfect length!!! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment