Saturday 9 June 2012

31 Day Challenge - Day 4 - Green Nails

This one was harder than it should’ve been. I had a billion ideas, but it would either not be good enough or it would just be another day’s topic (but saying that, technically I did an animal print and yesterday I did a gradient, so not like it matters). But today I was thinking and the words “Mint chocolate” came to mind. And that was it. I was thinking a cupcake or something cute. But thoughts of “I’ve already done this” came. On a side note I had an idea of sprite nails or 7up nails. Glad it didn’t happen. Could’ve been cute, but no.

It’s some kind of mint chocolate leopard print/cookie thing. I’ve been going a bit leopard crazy recently; I’m not even that big of a fan of leopard print. I did a neon leopard print, and I liked it much, much better. Yeah I’m not sure what is, but one thing I know for sure is that I don’t like it. It does have a kind of retro vibe; the mint came out very white in the picture. I’ve learnt my lesson, dark colours don’t work with leopard print :L My nails are ridiculously long; I love long nails, but not too long, my nails are at claw stage :L This design is coming off and my nails are getting cut (hopefully not too much, as I hate short nails even more than overly long nails).

I do like the thumb though, actually like a mint chocolate cookie. But not really :L The mint definitely looks mintier in this picture. Brown also is just not my colour, actually neutrals in general. I love brights, what can I say? My best friend kindly gave me 2 bottles of brown nail polish for my birthday, but unfortunately their not going to get used :L But she did get me some other awesome colours, so it’s all good :D

Colours used:
Green: China Glaze – Re-Fresh Mint
Brown: w7 – Brownie (nickname of my best friend, never getting rid of this ever even though brown isn’t my colour :P)
Black - Lovely Me:Ex – Black (no name)

Didn’t even bother with clean up in the pictures (the iridescent glitter all over my fingers :P) cause I know that I’m getting rid of it tomorrow. Used my dying base coat, and it is a battle, but I got a decent coverage, it’s not going to last much longer :’( I really like China Glaze Re-Fresh Mint, but honestly I can’t wait to when it finishes and I can buy Essie Mint Candy Apple :L Shame on me. Also I’m sensing a trend with the black pen. I promise not to use it tomorrow. Well I hope anyway, I don’t even know what I’m doing tomorrow, but I know I can’t wait to use Essie Turquoise and Caicos :D (kind of on an Essie buzz right now :P).

No comments:

Post a Comment