Wednesday 4 July 2012

31 Day Challenge - Day 27 - Inspired by artwork

Also inspired by my need to use OPI Charged Up Cherry, it's pretty new and it's so pretty I had to try it. I love hot pink. Charged Up Cherry keeps making me think of "Pumped Up Kicks" by Foster the People. "All the other kids with their um charged up cherries, you better berry, better berry, outrun my cherry" :L These things come to my head. I thought about using standard comic book colours like red, yellow and blue but I thought pink would look just as cute :)

This is inspired by pop art, specifically pop art in comic books. I love how it's so cool and cute. It's just SO funky. Also I love Charged Up Cherry, I put it on and automatically it became one of my favourites. It's bright and pretty. I'm proud of how neatly I wrote the words with my left hand (I'm right handed). It did take utmost care and precision though. 

(The pink didn't really show up true to colour, I tried all different kinds of lighting but it always looked too orange, so I left it)

This is my left hand, I preferred it on my right hand as the dots just looked better, my white nail polishes were really "stringy". If you know what I mean. When the little strings of nail polish drag everywhere. But that doesn't mean I don't like it on my left hand. I do :)

Colours used:
Hot Pink: OPI - Charged Up Cherry
White: Natural Collection - White (no name), Sally Hansen - French White Tip and No7 - Snowflake
Black: Lovely Me:Ex - Black (no name)

Equipment used:
Bobby pins
Toothpicks

No comments:

Post a Comment