Sunday 8 July 2012

31 Day Challenge - Day 29 - Inspired by the supernatural

Aw the challenge is almost over :(

Well being the Nintendo fan-girl (and geek :P) that I am, Boo nails were obviously a must ;) Like all Mario enemies Boos are super cute (maybe not the cutest though).

                               (Sorry my pictures are so blurry, I didn't realize until I was editing :L)

I started with a base of Barry M Indigo (which I love for layering!!!), and for both hands I used something different on top. I was excited to used Indian Ocean on Indigo, but when I first put it on I thought it looked really really strange, but slowly it went from "It looks weird" to "This is pretty to cool" to "This actually looks really nice!!!". It grew on me, but it does look pretty awesome. It's like a cool shade of purple, and I really like it. In general I don't like purple nail polish, so this must be something special!!! :P I'm not sure about the Boo on my 4th finger, it looks a bit messed up. But it was better than my first attempt on that finger was it was just super out of proportion.

This is my favourite nail, thumb on my right hand. I learnt my mistakes from my left hand, it's all about proportioning it correction so the eyebrows aren't to high and are in a "w" shape and making sure the arms are aligned (sounds simple in theory but not so simple in practice). It's just this Boo looks the best.
 
I layered the silver glitter on top for my left hand, I like both combinations. Some of my favourite layering combinations are with Indigo, it just goes with pretty much everything!! :) Though in the bottle it looks like a bright dark blue. It's not, it's more a navy going into dark purple, but it's still pretty :)

                                          (Awk they look like they're going to hug!!! ^_^)

All the pictures of my right hand I've had to edit out a cut, which was just swell. My cuticles have not been in the best shape, but I'm working on it!!

Colours used:
Dark Blue: Barry M - Indigo
Glitter: Barry M - Silver Glitter
Purple Shimmer: Models Own - Indian Ocean
White: Natural Collection - White (no name) and Sally Hansen - French White Tip
Red: OPI - Dutch Tulips
Black: Lovely Me:Ex - Black (no name)

Equipment used:
Toothpicks

2 comments: