Monday 20 August 2012

How to: Leopard Print

This is a basic tutorial on how to paint leopard print nails. Or for the experts an insight in how I do leopard print :) I do leopard print quite a lot, I love multi-coloured leopard print, which is why it's the only type of leopard print I will do :P But this "tutorial" applies to all leopard print :)

Step 1
Paint your nails in your desired colour. I have chosen Nails Inc. - Baker Street (cause it's amazing ;)).

Step 2
This step is optional, depending on how opaque the colours of your nail polish is. Using the brush of a white nail polish (Models Own - Snow White) blob random spots on your nails (emphasise random). Size of spots doesn't matter, it depends on you.

Step 3
Fill in the spots with whatever colour (or colours) you wish. The colours did not show up correct at all, but other pictures later in the post are better.

Pink: OPI - Charged Up Cherry
Orange: Essie - Tart Deco over Bourjois - Tangerine Fatal (I changed my mind ;))
Blue: The Face Shop - GR501
Purple: Essie - Lilacism

Step 4
The magic step where everything comes together. Cause currently it just looks like random blobs of colour on the nails. In my case, using a black nail art pen (Lovely Me:Ex - Black) or a toothpick/dotting tool dipped in black nail polish draw 2 not so round "C"shapes around each spot.



And voila!!! Leopard Print. You could put small black lines in-between the spots, but I chose not to. Of course you could use a different colour to outline the spots. But when using black to outline the spots, very dark colours are not recommended. Basically you can't see the black outline therefore making the leopard print futile (I learned the hard way :( ;)).

(The better pictures of the colours :P)

Honestly I love it, just cramming so many colours on my nails a "sophisticated" way. It's fierce ;P

No comments:

Post a Comment