Tuesday 9 October 2012

Itsy Bitsy Spider Nail Art

Hello there. Well as everyone knows Halloween is coming up. I'll tell you the truth, I don't like Halloween, it's just not my thing. Last year I did no Halloween nail art. But I decided to change it up a bit this year and do some but with the main emphasis on CUTE Halloween designs. This is my first one today. I won't be doing too many but they will be cute. I will make sure of that.


"The Itsy Bitsy spider went up the water spout
Down came the rain and washed the spider out
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain
And the Itsy Bitsy spider went up the spout again"

It's the Itsy Bitsy spider (or whatever you want to call it, my friends were telling me it's Incy Wincy and when I looked it up there was tons of variations so I don't know). I thought of spider nails at the start of the month, but spiders are scary. So I thought of the rhyme and did a design inspired by it. I did not do a water spout though, I just didn't want to.
Purple: Barry M - Berry Ice Cream and Models Own - Indian Ocean
Blue: Barry M - Blueberry Ice Cream
Silver Glitter: Barry M - Silver Glitter
Blue Glitter: Revlon - Radient
Dark Blue: Kiko - 265 (a gift from my best friend at the end of August)
White: Models Own - Snow White
Black: Lovely Me:Ex - Black
I really like the glitter gradients, I did it reversed for the thumb and ring finger, I was happy with how well it worked. Actually I was happy how well the whole thing worked in general. Some of the rain drops weren't that great but otherwise I still think it's cute and makes spiders less terrifying (I'm scared of all bugs equally, except ants, they're truly are terrifying).

2 comments: