Wednesday 9 January 2013

"I Love Milk" Pop Art

Hi there, I hope you are all doing well. I must've caught some kind of pop art bug as it's all I want to do. I mentioned in my new year's eve post (it's a rambly post that really incapsulates my makeshift ways ;)) that whilst rummaging I found a comb that says "I love milk" and it was SO cute that I had to do nail art of it.

:O It's SO cute!!! I'm an absolute sucker for anything cute so this speaks to me. But people who've seen these nails think I'm obsessed with milk or something but I just laughed it off. I'm not exactly sure it's pop art, it was intended to be but didn't really turn out the way I wanted it to. It was those dots, they needed more space :/ Oh and I made this manicure matte.
Base: Models Own - Snow White, No7 - Snowflake and OPI - Last Friday Night (2 thin, 1 thick coat)
White: Lovely Me:Ex - White 
Blue: Nails Inc - Baker Street
Pink: Orly - Basket Case
Black: Lovely Me:Ex - Black
I was meant to have a paler base and Barry M Blueberry Ice Cream for the dots, but unfortunately I went overkill with the glitter and the base got too dark. I think Blueberry Ice Cream would've looked nicer (I painted over it by the way, I also tried The Face Shop BL601 which was too light) but Baker Street is obviously a suitable replacement. I love the combination of pink, white and blue, just saying.

The comb that inspired this manicure, I've never going to actually use it as a comb but it's a nice thing to find in your cupboard.

Thank you very much for reading and have a lovely day!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment