Tuesday 8 January 2013

Pop Art Nails

Hey there, I've been a bit stuck with my nails lately, I have a long list of ideas but I never seem to be in the mood for any of them. I'll just have to wait until I am :/ But I wanted to paint something "edgy", I was so stuck I looked around other blogs for inspiration, I settled with a pop art design from Kayla Shevonne. She used a tutorial from Professionaldq whom I'd never heard of but she has some really cute pop art nails and I will definitely be using her tutorials in the future (or maybe just the pictures :)).

I wanted to do this nail art design for the colour scheme alone. I love it. And after this manicure I absolutely adore the look of pop art, especially the dots. I've done a pop art design before and I really liked it, but I haven't gone back til now. I just love the way it looks, I think it's fantastic (pop art, no narcissism intended) and I need more pop art in my life.
Red: OPI - Dutch Tulips
Yellow: Barry M - Lemon Ice Cream
Blue: Barry M - Blueberry Ice Cream
White: Models Own - Snow White and No7 - Snowflake (as base) and Lovely Me:Ex - White
Black: Lovely Me:Ex - Black
And I made it matte which made me love it more. I'll confess, I haven't used topcoat properly for 6 months. Yep you read that right, 6 months. I used to be the girl who needed topcoat for everything, but then I grew to hate topcoat (it was a bad time). Simply because it always smudged and smeared my nail art (I would wait days before putting on topcoat and it still smeared :/), my previous pop nail design is a prime example. So to stop my nail art from getting messed I stopped using topcoat. The reason I'm coming back to topcoat though (not only because of matte nails) is because at Christmas my friends got me some rapid dry. I was a bit wary and decided the proof would be if after using the rapid dry the design wouldn't smudge after topcoat. And result... SUCCESS!!!! As also proven by the picture, obviously I will be doing more testing and dipping toes back into topcoat territory, but I think it's looking good. Um topcoat ramble?

I wanted to used a different colour scheme on my right hand, which I think is ok. But could use some revising. I'm growing to like Basket Case a lot.
Pink: Orly - Basket Case
Light Blue: Revlon - Blue Lagoon
Dark Blue: Kiko - 265
Peachy/Orange: Essie - Tart Deco
Black: Lovely Me:Ex - Black
White: Lovely Me:Ex - White

Thank you very much for reading and have a wonderful day!!!

2 comments: