Friday 22 February 2013

I Scream, You Scream, WE ALL SCREAM FOR ICE CREAM!! (or at least I do...)

Hi there guys!! The long week is over (well it wasn't that long but still), I'm looking forward to a bit of relaxing (whilst simultaneously working :P). I don't think there's anything I love more than food nail art. You can make animals cute but when it comes to food it's in a different league. Maybe it's because I love food ;) I was inspired by an iPod case I recently made.

I also combined it with another one of my current nail art favourites, geometric patterns. I might do a full mani with the geometric design as it looks really cool. It didn't look connected to the design until I added the different colours of triangle. This is really just my style of nail art which is probably why I like it so much. The only way to better it better for me is some pop art, but I thought I already had too much going on :P
Purple: Barry M - Berry Ice Cream
Pink: Nails Inc - Notting Hill Gate 
Yellow: Barry M - Lemon Ice Cream
Green: Illamasqua - Nomad
Light Brown: Nails Inc - Porchester Square
Black: Lovely Me:Ex - Black
Orange: Essie - Tart Deco
Blue: Barry M - Blueberry Ice Cream
Brown: w7 - Brownie
White: Models Own - Snow White and Lovely Me:Ex - White
Lil' story about the pink ice cream. I had a nail tragedy, I thought my nails were dry so I went to take a shower. Clearly I scraped my nail against something and a whole half of the ice cream was demolished.  Instead of giving up (not my style :P) I patched it up with my master patching skills. But really I'd rather not mess my nails all the time than have master patching skills, it's frustrating. I've just realised how appropriate the Barry M nail polishes are for this design (literally just realised).

Thank you very much for reading and have a wonderful day!!! :)

2 comments:

  1. aw aren't these the cutest ice cream ever?! I wonder if there'd be a day we see such adorable eyes on our ice-creams! Bet that's gonna be a huggeeee seller! aiks! nail tragedies are definitely a RED ALARM for any polish/nail art enthusiast! I usually top them with seche vite first and wait for a good 10 minutes before doing anything "heavy/rough". I haven't seen any other top coats that does the miracle seche vite does in drying and hardening nail colours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness if someone made ice cream like this I would FREAK OUT :P I think I should've waited longer, I knew I was kind of risking it and I paid the price for that. I think I'm just a bit clumsy. I have problems with topcoat smudging my designs (everyone I've tried), I'll probably give Seche Vite a try one of these days. For now I have my patching skills ;) Thank you so much for your comment :)

      Delete