Sunday 17 February 2013

Love-ly Nail Art Challenge - Broken Hearts

Hi there!! How are you this fine Sunday evening? I'm pretty chill, majorly looking forward to a lie in (Mmmm yay!!!).


When I saw Broken Hearts, I automatically thought of "Little Broken Hearts" i.e. Norah Jones's newest album. I'm a massive Norah Jones fan, in all honesty I haven't really listened to Little Broken Hearts as I've heard it's quite dark and I just haven't got round to it. I adore "Come Away With Me" though, oh man SO GOOD.

I feel this is one of those situations that it looked better in real life, but oh well. I loved the edginess, probably if you had a word to describe me it wouldn't be edgy :P But this is inspired by the album cover of "Little Broken Hearts", mainly the background colours and the font. 
Mushroom: Nails Inc - Porchester Square
Red: OPI - Dutch Tulips
White: Lovely Me:Ex - White
Black: Lovely Me:Ex - Black
My other black pen recently ran out (well I think it did anyway, I'll be testing again) so I've started to use my backup. With my old one a massive blob of black would come from the tip and I couldn't be as precise as I wanted, so I would have to improvise (but this was when that pen was nearing the end of it's life). But my new pen is working well now. I pretty much use my pens for every design but they're SO convenient  I got them from The Face Shop (I first stole them from my friend :) but I bought my own after), it's a great place, I think they're nail polishes are fabulous as well. I'm liking Porchester Square, I never thought I would use it this much but it's a nice colour and the formula is great (I coat guys!!!). Not becoming a neutral person I promise (I just can't do that). I also used 1 coat of Dutch Tulips, all you need is a thick coat (just saying, man I have been abusing brackets today).

Thank you for reading!! Have a lovely day and check out everyone doing the challenge!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment