Tuesday 12 February 2013

Love-ly Nail Art Challenge - Roses

Hi there guys, we are half way through the challenge!! Valentine's day is fast approaching and I've not been excited. I just don't see Valentine's day the same way as I see Christmas or a birthday. You can tell someone you love them everyday :P


I used to really really like roses, but I think I've moved on from that (just tastes changing and stuff). I've already done this design so it's not the most original but I've done it in crazy colours already so I just wanted to use "traditional" colours. Pink is more pink and blue is more blue (worst description ever) in the pictures.

I think it's nicer in real life but in all honesty I'm a bit of a fail when it comes to roses, I try a different technique and I'm not sure if it worked or not. I'll pretend it did. I freehanded the stripes so they aren't the neatest but their not too bad. My picture's not colour accurate, my natural lighting was gone when I got home :/
Pale Blue: The Face Shop - BL601
Pale Peach: w7 - Linen
Pink: Barry M - Strawberry Ice Cream, The Face Shop - PK105, Per Una - Pink (no name), H&M - Check Me Out and Per Una - Fuchsia (no name)
Dark Blue: Kiko - 265
Green: Illamasqua - Nomad
The pale peach and pale blue went really well together, I was really surprised. Linen was 1 coat, I don't know why I didn't know this before. I thought of doing 2 coats but then realised that would be pointless. 

Thank you for reading, have a wonderful day and check out everyone else's manicures!!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment