Wednesday 6 March 2013

Pick 'N Mix: Geometric + Glitter

Hey there guys!!! I decided to start a new series (I love making up series, not gonna lie), because why not? ;) I'm making these pick 'n mix posts random skittles that really are just random. I was inspired by someone's schoolbag I saw and I thought the pattern looked really cool, I saw the brand and looked it up. I wasn't creepy and didn't take a picture or anything, kind of awkward now though cause I asked to take a picture of someone else's bag for nail art inspiration. She understood but more on that in the future :/ Then everything stopped fitting together and I rolled with it.

The bag was from a brand called Mi-Pac and the bags look nice but the triangle one is really the only one with substance (from the range I saw). I changed things up a bit then the glitter happened and everything went crazy. There were several points where I really disliked this design but it's good how small things can fix up a design for you. It just shows you shouldn't give up!!! I'm gonna write more about the "glitter gradient" nail tomorrow, where I have a different design with it. The geometric design isn't as nice as I'd like it to be but even though everything is so mix matched here I still quite like it, everything doesn't have to go together ;)
Green: Barry M - Mint Green
Pink: The Face Shop - PK105
White: Lovely Me:Ex - White and Models Own - Snow White
Dark Green: OPI - Jade Is The New Black
Orange: Essie - Fear Or Desire
Blue: Barry M - Blueberry Ice Cream
Light Blue: Revlon - Blue Lagoon
Dark Blue: Kiko - 265
Yellow: Barry M - Lemon Ice Cream
Green/Blue Glitter: Orly - Go Deeper
Red/White/Blue Glitter: Barry M - Superdrug Xmas LE 2012 B
Sometimes a bit of mish mash is a good thing. I think this looks better in real life, you can see the mistakes clearer :P

Thank you for reading and have a great day!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment