Sunday 3 March 2013

Rainbow Paisley Print

Hey there guys!!! This post is very much inspired by One Nail To Rule Them All, I love reading her nail art posts (she's super talented) and she loves matte nails (she clearly understands me ;)). I was never really into the paisley print until Alice did one certain paisley print which I thought was gorgeous. Then a couple of days ago she put up a tutorial and I was like "I know what I'm going to do with my nails". So that's what I did :)

I personally think it looks cooler in real life and from a distance. Oh man it looks cool from a distance. Alice's looks more delicate and better in general but I still like it :) My gradient was a fail (as the majority of my gradients go), I actually owned 3 out of the 4 polishes she used so I thought to use them too. But my gradient failed, I really liked how the paisley print covered over the fail though. It is simpler than it looks but it took me a long time (maybe I'm just slow).

But I love the colour combination, and it really makes me realise how awesome gradients are. I really want to do more (but that's bad for me as my gradients fail). Of course I had to add some black and white glitter into the mix and that looks really nice (I've seen that on other blogs before). I really like how complex the print looks and in general I think it's really pretty :)
Orange/Peach: Essie - Tart Deco
Yellow: Barry M - Lemon Ice Cream
Green: China Glaze - Re-Fresh Mint
Blue: Blueberry Ice Cream
Black: Lovely Me:Ex - Black
Silver Glitter: Revlon - Belle (to seal in the gradient or whatever)
Black/White Glitter: L'Oreal Color Riche - Confetti
Blueberry Ice Cream and Re-Fresh Mint are really pigmented polishes, Lemon Ice Cream not so much. When came to gradienting (not a word) I begun with the sponge and did that. But as the gradient failed more I began to just dab with the brush of the nail polish and then sponge to make slightly less failure.

My camera was having difficulties with capturing the colours so I busted out the unnatural lighting, not too shabby if I say so myself ;)

Thank you very much for reading and have a lovely day!!!! :)

2 comments: