Sunday 31 March 2013

Tribal Chick

Hi there guys!!! Happy Easter (to you all you celebrators, hoping that's a word)!! I totally would've done more Easter designs but it totally passed my mind. And I enjoy the Easter conventions, the cute animals and the pastel colours, but hey I can do that another time. Hope you are enjoying today though, it's a special one :) Manicure inspiration comes from Easter eggs looking somewhat like tribal designs (the key word being somewhat) and of course a baby chick. Ain't my title clever? :P

I'm really happy with how it all turned out, especially the middle and thumb designs. I used generic tribal designs, I'm not so great with coming up with them. In real life the middle design is actually really bling, which I'm not usually a fan of but this time it's cool. The colour combination of my thumb reminds me of HARE Magic Mist (I've been stalking too many indie polishes) and I need to use the combination more. And we all know I love all things cute so the chick is good in my books.

For my thumb the glitter is Models Own - Freak Out!, the pink is Orly - Basket Case and the orange is Essie - Fear Or Desire.
Index finger the glitter is Barry M - Superdrug Xmas LE 2012 B, the peach is Essie - Tart Deco and the blue is Barry M - Blueberry Ice Cream.
The glitter used for my middle finger is Barry M - Silver Glitter and Barry M - Hologram Hexograms. The pink is OPI - Charged Up Cherry and the green is Topshop - Green Room (over white).
For the chick, the orange is Essie - Fear Or Desire, the white is Models Own - Snow White and China Glaze - Luxe and Lush (which looks awesome over white) and the other white is Lovely Me:Ex - White.
Finally for my pinky OPI - Rainbow Connection (I really like Rainbow Connection over the pale pink) is the glitter, the red is Essie - E-Nuff Is E-Nuff and the blue is Revlon - Dreamer.
Of course I did all the details with Lovely Me:Ex - Black.

Got a right hand picture, the painting is not too shabby. The chick is arguably cuter here.
The beginning of the manicure, I don't normally do these pictures but I really liked the pastelness of it. The purple is Barry M - Berry Ice Cream, the blue is The Face Shop - GR501, the green is China Glaze - Re-Fresh Mint, the yellow is w7 - Sheer Lemon and the pink is Barry M - Strawberry Ice Cream. I originally thought of doing a pastel tribal design which obviously isn't impossible but it just didn't turn out that way (also some of my pastel polishes aren't opaque enough).

Thank you very much for reading this rambly post (maybe you enjoyed it?) and have a wonderful day!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment