Monday 8 April 2013

Flip-flop Fishtails

Hey there guys!! I hope you are doing fantastic, school has come and ruined everything :P Also I am fabulous at embarrassing myself in everything I do :/ Today I have some simple nail art I have never tried before simply because I thought I wouldn't like it. The chevron/fishtail manicure, and I think it's a really great design. I was wrong once again.

The thing is, it's so simple but it looks so striking (in my opinion anyway). I wanted a more cool colour palate, personally I think they look like flip-flops. I found it slightly challenging at the beginning (getting the point in the middle, keeping the lines straight) but once you get into it it gets easier and so much fun (it could be weird to find fishtails fun).
My ring finger was the result of a mistake, I wanted a glitter accent, but no glitter was going to build up by itself opaque. So I used a white base and that worked, but once I tried it again for another colour it was 6 coats and I knew it wouldn't last so I pushed it off. I proceeded with Metallic 4 Life again, the rejected glitter was Orly - Go Deeper.
Turquoise: Essie - Turquoise and Caicos
Hot Pink: OPI - Charged Up Cherry 
Green: China Glaze - Re-Fresh Mint
Pale Purple: Essie - Lilacism
Light Blue: Revlon - Blue Lagoon
Pink: OPI - Japanese Rose Garden 
Dark Purple: OPI - Plum And Get It
Shimmery Blue: OPI - Sea You In Hollywood
Black Glitter: OPI - Metallic 4 Life
Pink Glitter: OPI - Excuse Moi! (OPI PARTY!!!)
White Base: Models Own - Snow White
I wanted to use more opaque polishes (makes thing SO much easier). I've been wary of Turquoise and Caicos for quite a while. I wanted to love it when I got it, but I didn't. It's such a me colour. I thought it took a million coats and bubbles badly. But I tried it again and 3 coats for opacity (2 coats was not going to suffice though) and the bubbles weren't too bad (I was more patient, but I am not a patient person). It's great for jelly sandwiches though.

Thank you for reading and have a lovely day!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment