Thursday 11 April 2013

Hibiscus Nail Art

Hey there guys!!! 200th post!! Oh my goodness!!! It came right before my eyes, I was not ready, if I was I would've done some sort of special nail art. Which this is not really, something I'm not too hot at = floral nail art, so why not do some? Hibiscuses (hopefully that's grammatically correct :/) are some of my favourite flowers, I adore flowers so my inability to do floral nail art is a bit weird, people who know me know I LOVE drawing flowers but it just doesn't translate to nail art. But give it a try, it'll be alright (name that song reference?).
Unfortunately right now I have a ton of tests and exams so I'm not posting as often, hopefully it'll all be over soon (PLEASE BE OVER SOON) so I can post more (cause I love to :)).

I was planning to do a more intricate design but after this I realised I quite liked it like this. Another thing I'm not so hot at = gradients. I'm no good at blending, and yes I had another gradient fail but I was thankfully able to save it. They're summery colours which gets me in the mood ;) Then I freehanded some flowers, they're not the best but I like it, overall I was surprised that it looked quite nice (especially from a distance, it was one of those manicure).
Yellow: Topshop - Naked
Orange: Bourjois - Tangerine Fatal
Pink: Orly - Basket Case
Glitter: Nails Inc - Glamour Glitter 
Flakes: China Glaze - Luxe and Lush
White: Lovely Me:Ex - White
This design is one where Luxe and Lush does not work, I hated it here. For one it was all lumpy and rough and made everything looked discoloured, picture wise it looks fine but it real life it's not pretty. It's just so disorganised and I don't like that. I thought it could tie things together but it made things worse, everything was already quite tied together. Majority of the time I don't like Luxe and Lush, it's just not my type of glitter.

Thank you very much for reading and I hope you have an absolutely wonderful day!!! :)

2 comments:

  1. I love that! Reminds me of summer, of the sun... (because in France, the sun has been missing for a while...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay thank you!! Reminds me of the summer too, the weather has not been so great for me either... But I can do summery nail art to compensate!! :)

      Delete