Saturday 6 April 2013

She's my little Minnie Mouse

Hello there lovely people!! Hallelujah for the weekend, am I right? Gonna chill and enjoy this sunny (I know right, insanity) Saturday. I'm pretty sure Minnie Mouse is a universal cartoon character everyone knows, and she's adorable. And since I felt like it, that calls for Minnie Mouse nail art.


Ok not gonna lie I'm really proud of this one, I adore all things cute and that lil' mouse is the epitome of cute. I freehanded the design (as always, I can't do anything else :P) with the combination of nail art pens, toothpicks and the brush of the nail polish. I'm happiest with the Minnie on my thumb, it was precision to the max. I thought top coat would screw up everything but thankfully it really just smoothed things out, as opposed to smudging everything. Yay for that!! 
Pink: Barry M - Fuchsia 
Red: OPI - Dutch Tulips
Black: Lovely Me:Ex - Black
Light Peach: w7 - Linen
White: Lovely Me:Ex - White
Linen is a very opaque polish which was handy (pun?) for this design. I wasn't sure if pink would be a suitable background for this design but I think it works as it brings out the girliness (sorry I'm not very sure if this word exists) of Minnie... Or something like that, my english essay mind is currently wanting to appear. It's too bad I'm not very good at english essays. 

During my 31 day challenge last year I did a Minnie mouse-esque design, it's much simpler but it's quite cute. Beware of bad cuticles though. 
Finally a close-up of Minnie :)
Thank you very much for reading this rather long post and have a wonderful day!!!! :)

2 comments:

  1. wow! this is so detailled! i love it, and i love minnie mouse!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you so much!! I'm a fan of the lil' mouse too (which led to the nail art)!! :)

      Delete