Monday 24 June 2013

Gimme Glitter: Lush Lacquer - Clowning Around

Oh hey there wonderful you, hoping your Monday was fun. Last post I mentioned I got some EXTREMELY EXCITING MAIL. I had some other posts planned before this but I could not wait to post this. I'm finding it hard to write the rest of the post in lower case cause, EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!! I GOT MY FIRST INDIE POLISH!!! I CAN'T EVEN!!! I've been longing for this polish since March when I saw it on Chalkboard Nails. Now I adore indie polishes and all the time I'm like "OMG so pretty, I want it now!!!", but when I saw Clowning Around it was "HOW IS SUCH BEAUTY POSSIBLE!!! WAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNT!!!". After 4 months such beauty is mine. I want to show everyone how amazing this polish is, as it exceeded my expectations (which were very high) and it needs to be shown (requiring help from my phone as my camera was having difficulties)!! Get ready for a lot of pictures, but considering I took 143 it's not that much ;)

Can you tell which is phone and which is proper camera? (Probably can)
I am not a bottle shot person but this was required!!! How nice are the bottles?? :D
Hallelujah for my phone which came in to save the day!! But my camera didn't do a half bad job (the display screen lied to me). I needed to show how BRIGHT the glitter is and colour accurately (required colour correcting but not too much), because the colours of the glitter are GORGEOUS.
Clowning Around consists of NEON hexes, small pink, medium pink, orange, yellow, green, blue and purple and some big hexes which I didn't have to fish for (the only colour I didn't get was purple). Pictures still cannot do any justice, it's still brighter and cameras just aren't meeting the mark.
ISN'T SHE A BEAUTY!! The moment I put this on I have not stopped staring O.o <--- Me all the time. When applying, from the 1st brush I was squealing, I can't get over how amazing this is. The colours go so well together, NEON GLITTER, the big hexes, the general beauty, I CAN'T GET OVER IT!!! This polish is the definition of awesome, I find awesome is such an overused word (I do not enjoy using it on this blog) even speaking as a teen it's overused but this genuinely creates awe. OH MY GOODNESS IT'S SO AMAZING I CAN'T COPE I CAN'T DEAL I CAN'T EVEN OH MY GOODNESS OH MY GOODNESS OH MY GOODNESS AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. I cannot describe the feelings. HOW IS SUCH BEAUTY POSSIBLE???


I pretty much have to admire indies from afar, but I was planning to purchase this but what triggered the dive into indie waters was Lush Lacquer announcing the closure of international shipping. I knew that was the sign to go. I waited 29 days for the parcel to go (hey less than a month, good for international shipping). I screamed when I opened it. Cause that's what people do.
I used 1 coat and dabbing of Lush Lacquer - Clowning Around over Barry M - Matt White for the colours to "pop" over. I found the first coat spread pretty well depending on how much you had on your brush but dabbing was needed to fill gaps, unfortunately occasionally creating bubbles (be careful folks, let it dry properly too, remember I was very excited and squealing). The bubbles definitely weren't too bad, it's not completely smooth (this is glitter we're talking about) so use your nice topcoats (I didn't but I should've cause the one I used sucked).


Throwing in a left hand picture, also shows how different the mixes of glitter can be :)
As previously mentioned, it's not like I can buy indies all the time due to shipping (it's expensive and I hate waiting, it makes me anxious) but Lush Lacquer was the first indie brand I was interested in.
It was the 4th of October 2012 (yes I remember the exact date :/), and before I really didn't understand. It never clicked in my head that these people were hand mixing the polish, it was just "cool" polish, I really was blank about it all, it never crossed my mind that people could make nail polish. But that day I was stalking browsing The PolishAholic's blog (she is such an enabler) and read one of her indie Saturday spams and everything fell into place, life made sense, a new part of me appeared. Haha joking, it wasn't that dramatic but I was very much hooked. I never got the Lush Lacquer polish I really liked then, but maybe one day. I LOVE glitter (hopefully you all could tell) so indies are right up my street, I have been googly-eyed over many an indie polish.

Urgh can you even? Cause I can't even. This is too amazing, I need calm, but I can't stop staring and I'm insistent on showing EVERYONE my nails cause I am enamoured. I kind of never want to take it off ;) I really adore Lush Lacquer as their polishes are so bright, colourful and fun (i.e. me) and just appeal to me. They released part 2 of their neon collection last Friday, which are SO nice. Also they reopened international shipping for a bit (might still be open!!) due to the new collection. I won't be back in indie waters for a while (no/low buy etc.), but I can't wait to get back to all the phenomenal polishes!!
The good thing about Lush Lacquer is that they're always open (so convenient) and can be bought from their Etsy and Llarowe.

Thank you very very much for reading this special post with lots of pictures and writing, but I couldn't help it!! And I have a question for you today. What was your 1st indie polish? And if you haven't yet got it what will your future 1st indie polish be? I am very interested to hear as, come on indies are awesome!! I hope you have a spectacular day!!! :D

4 comments:

  1. Hahahaha!! There's no turning back once you've tasted the goodness of indie!! I love their unique mix that breaks away from the big brands! Although there are brands that are heading towards the indie direction, one very obvious one that I know of is Etude House. Anywayyy that polish is gorgeous! I remember drooling over it as well! Such fun and bright colours! That's bound to cheer up any downcast mood! :D

    My first indie was from a giveaway by Shimmer Polish! The bottle was named Nicole, but it seems that it has the wrong label and it's actually Shimmer Polish Eva. Hahaha!! Anywayys, it's a great brand! I love her distinct style of packed small glitters and full of glitters!! Cindy, has since created many more fantastic creations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha thanks for your comment!! Clowning Around looks even better in real life (if that's even possible :P)!! I'm really hoping I get the chance to browse etude house this summer, but indies are too amazing so I'm glad they're leading the way for nail polish future.
    I have seen so many Shimmer polishes and they all look so interesting, never heard a complaint about the formula either, I shall be looking it up!! :D

    ReplyDelete