Tuesday 27 August 2013

Gimme Glitter: Etude House - WH901

Oh hey there guys!! Today I have a glitter polish, this shouldn't really be that surprising as I'm pretty much addicted to glitter. I have a lot of thoughts on this polish when I first tried it in a nail art look and I have different thoughts now cause I'm just gonna go ahead and say it, this polish is gorgeous.

I feel so pro with this hand pose
My first Etude House polish is a pretty pastel polish, there's pastel pink, green, yellow and purple chunky hearts, diamonds and small and medium hexes. Some small and medium white hexes with a sprinkling of holographic glitter. I'm still in love with the mix of glitter it's gorgeous.
I just love the way it looks, and I love big glitter (and all glitter)!! Such cute and happy vibes were given off by this manicure. One thing that wasn't cute was the name, come on Etude House I want cute names.
I put this over various pinks which can be seen in my pink comparison post. With the glitter over the middle pinks they looked like the same polish. Nails Inc - Notting Hill over white is on my thumb.

I thought putting pastel over a pastel base was a good idea but last time the green blended in with the base so I thought about how a bright pink would look as the base and I love it, the glitter pops out.
Last time I had a lot of complaints about the formula, mostly too much base not enough glitter but I feel differently this time. The polish is still the same but I think my long nails this time was a VERY important factor, the glitter spread better.
I also used a different application technique, I swirled the brush to pick up a lot of glitter, I didn't get rid of a lot of glitter on the rim of the polish and I put it all on the nail, there was excess and I would put it on the other nails. The coverage looked pretty in the end, also if there was a lot of glitter piled on top of each other I would quickly get a toothpick and move it carefully.

So I used 2 glitter packed coats (it wasn't actually too thick this time) with some occasional placing. Obviously there are bubbles, I just can't have a glitter manicure without bubbles :( But there are NO WHERE near as bad as last time. None of the glitter sticking out (topcoat was also helpful in regards to that).
Removal was still no walk in the park, but with a glitter polish like this you can't expect it to be easy, it's not the worse polish I've ever removed but it wasn't easy. Also there were red random splodge (technical term) staining on my nails after (I was not best pleased) but I'm not sure I blame this glitter cause sometimes combinations of polishes earn staining, so I think it may be the combination of the hot pink and glitter. I will still be using this polish though, the staining will go away.
I'm glad I got this glitter working for me cause I love it, I need to find ways to incorporate it into nail art cause even with the not perfect formula this polish is one of favourites cause of how cute the mix of glitter is.

Well I hope you enjoyed reading my glitter ramblings (I can really ramble about glitter), thanks if you did and have a great day!! :)

2 comments:

  1. OMG it has love shaped glitter :O i want it so badly now :D

    ReplyDelete