Monday 19 August 2013

Minion Madness Manicure (+ Guest Nails)

Oh hi there!! Yeah the title doesn't really work but we roll anyway. I recently visited my cousin and she liked all my nail business and asked me to paint her some minions. I happily agreed. Everyone seems to be a bit minion mad and I watched Despicable Me 2 last week. Understandable as the minions are pretty cool. I love Agnes, she is too cute for her own good. I liked the movie, I think I preferred the 1st one. BUT when watching I realised there was a Rilakkuma poster and a Rilakkuma phone case (Margo's case). Observant or Obsessive, you decide :P
Oo on the note of Rilakkuma there have been developments and I'll hopefully get round to doing some appropriate nail art soon.

The complete minion mani, she seemed up for the accent (my favourite ;)). I gave her quite a few options for the other nails but she chose orange (Essie - Fear Or Desire) and of course I offered her glitter and she said yes. We're clearly related :P The glitter was OPI - Minnie Style, and was easier to apply this time compared to last, probably due to smaller nails and my application techniques. It was a pressing kind of thing.

This is the minion I preferred, minions are so versatile, so many facial features options. I think he looks cooler, the other one looks more derpy which normally I like but the tongue sticking out is also cute.

My cousin was also pro in posing, I gave her little guidance and she got it. I know the glasses are silver but I didn't have one with me.
Yellow: Barry M - Lemon Ice Cream
Black: Lovely Me:Ex - Black
White: Lovely Me:Ex - White
Red (for tongue): Essie - E-Nuff Is E-Nuff
Blue: Barry M - Blueberry Ice Cream

I really enjoyed painting my cousin's nails, I was also able to talk like a crazy person about nail polish (what I love to do) and she politely listened. Thank you for reading and I hope you have a great day!! :)

4 comments:

  1. Cute! I agree, minion madness is very catching :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Cousin! Your nails looking really pretty now that dear Gillian has done her magic on ya! ;D

    Hehe! Great job on the minions! I can't really decide which is my favourite as hahaha all of them are just fun and very entertaining! Oh, I think I prefer the first one too. Story and plot wise, second one was so predictable, but not in a bad way. More like a "I know you so well, I know what you're gonna do next!" kind of feel. Hehehe!! Still as entertaining though. I must say though, I really love that lipstick taser! XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I'm sure she'd appreciate that and thanks you!! :)
      Agreed on the films, I watched the 1st one recently and I loved the villian Vector and in general there were so many adorable moments. But I totally guessed correctly what was going to happen in the 2nd film, but as you said enjoyable, I liked all the Mexican elements and of course the lipstick taser :)

      Delete