Tuesday 10 September 2013

31DC2013: Day 10 - Gradient Nails

Hi there guys! We are a 3rd of the way in of the challenge and I'm proud that I'm still here frankly, today is gradients, and I love them. They are so gorgeous, shame that I'm not so hot that them even though I make them way harder than they need to be. I'm kind of in love with this look, it's the neon gradient. Yeah I love neon, pretty sure I don't hide this. I originally had a completely different gradient idea in mind but once I got my hands on Models Own Beach Party, things were changing...

AHHHHHHHH NEON I LOVE IT!! If that wasn't clear already. It's brighter in real life and all I can do is stare, I love all things bright (lots of love today). The pink/orange/green is so pretty, I just can't (sorry for lack of a better description).
Once decided the neon gradient was going to happen, I wanted the accent to be a more dulled version (though I probably would have loved this more if it was all neon, but the accents make the neon stand out more). Black and white glitter always looks fantastic over gradients, as most glitters do.

I also did a different gradient technique, now the last time I tried this technique it failed. But that was my fault, I was a bit too cack-handed. Normally I get the sponge and do one colour at a time, I knew the paint all the colours on the sponge and press on would make my gradients look better but I fail to use good advice.
My gradient is blended, when I look close up, the parts where the pink goes into orange and orange goes into green and the blend is beautiful and I am proud. Usually that blend is not there. That's the case for my thumb and ring finger cause I was lazy haha, but I still like those gradients.

Neon polishes:
Pink: Nails Inc - Notting Hill Gate
Orange: Models Own - Beach Party
Green: China Glaze - I'm With The Lifeguard
I really like the colour of this but it's SO sheer, so many coats were done that day.
White base: Barry M - Matt White
Black and white glitter: L'Oreal Color Riche - Confetti
Regular polishes:
Pink: No7 - Me! Me! Me!
Orange: Essie - Tart Deco
Green: OPI - Jade Is The New Black
Rainbow glitter: OPI - Rainbow Connection
In most lighting Rainbow Connection always looks silver, also Rainbow Connection doesn't really have rainbow glitter, there's mostly pink, orange, green (see my colour scheme ;)) and silver (there's also yellow and blue). The silver bothers me, is there silver in a rainbow?? (No) But I'll always like this polish cause of the name, still searching for my perfect matte rainbow glitter polish :)

There's me and my sponge to give you an idea of what I did, I definitely had to clean up after but it's the best gradient I've done so I can't complain. Thank you so much for reading and I hope you have an amazing day!! :)

14 comments:

  1. I love the glitter over the top, it makes the whole nail pop! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I so agree, makes me want to put glitter over all gradients!! :)

      Delete
  2. Wow, your neon gradient are so awesome! :D I just loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the gradient (: so nicely done !

    ReplyDelete
  4. My day just got amazing seeing your nails! Hehe! I think I need sunglasses now, those neons are BRIGHT AND GORGEOUS! Whoohooo hottttt colours! ;D I love how you matched the glitters with their bases! Perfect! Love the 'darkened' accents contrasting with the super bright and high contrast of neons! :D Sigh~ I'm pretty sure I'd be staring at my nails too if I have those on mine! XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh, if you noticed.. I did unfollow to refollow you again. Now I can view your blog's update in my blogger reader again! Weeee~~ ;D

      Delete
    2. I have such an issue finding a blog reader that works with my main email on the web site i need to stick with for my email. What do you use for your blog reader if I can ask..??

      Delete
    3. hey! :) In short you can actually sign up for bloglovin' (www.bloglovin.com) it's free. And follow blogs via that, and read them.

      You also can create a blogger account since you have gmail. And in dashboard section, you will see a left tab/section that says "Reading List" - this is blogger reading list(aka blogger reader), not google reader. Anyway, under "Reading List" there is "Add" button. Click it and you can add and follow blogs from there.

      Do note that if you are constantly reading via mobile/phone I would recommend bloglovin'. If you are PC user, blogger reader is just fine.

      Hope this helps a little :)

      Delete
    4. :') THANKS!! Ah I just love neons, I clearly can't follow autumn conventions cause NEON ALL YEAR ROUND!! I was surprised that I actually came up with a somewhat good idea with with "darkened" accents, haha the neon colours cause me to stare :D

      Delete
    5. Oh and thanks, I didn't realise you could do that! Yay for that!! :D

      Delete
  5. Nice! I need to pull out some of my summer brights and do some sponge gradients - not time for fall shades for me - it's been 80's and 90's here - and will be for some time to come still.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, haha clearly autumn has not come for me and it's still neon over here, I don't see why can't it still be neon for you!! There's still plenty of fall left ;)

      Delete