Wednesday 11 September 2013

31DC2013: Day 11 - Polka Dot Nails

Hello there guys!! We're onto polka dots today, I wanted to do some 3D polka dots which I saw at Chelsea Queen's instagram. I thought it looked awesome but lacking that bit of substance I like, I had a mildly crazy idea and I decided to roll with it.

I call them pop art polka dots, I adore the pop art style SO MUCH and I'm slightly sad that it's been not used to full potential here. That changed today. I simply painted some explosions then did the polka dots over them. I didn't purposely do the pop art theme, but I'm happy it turned out that way. 3D polka dots look so cool and they are so easy to do!
So yes I am very much enjoying this manicure, I didn't think I could come up with something substantial for polka dots but one constant with polka dots is that they are cute. I am onboard with that and if they look this cool, I now have more respect for polka dots.

The neon is still happening at PlumeriaPainted (who cares about being season appropriate, obviously not me), I had to try Beach Party by itself and I just love it. I love all the neons and clearly I need all the neons. I'll be writing a full post on Beach Party soon, expect glowing things about it.
I toothpicked the explosions and used bobby pins for the dots. I'm also glad I managed to space the dots out right, I have made the dots not spaced out right before many a time.

Orange: Models Own - Beach Party
White: Barry M - Matt White
Black: Rimmel - Black Pearl
Red: Essie - E-Nuff Is E-Nuff
Green: Max Factor - Cool Jade
Purple: Illamasqua - Jo'Mina


Thank you very much for reading and I hope you have a great day!! :)

10 comments:

  1. Wow, this was so awesome! I LOVED the 3D-effect you've created! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! (: Love the explosion you made (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab job! Love the bright colors and the cartoon explosion!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! Bright colours and explosions are some of my favourites!! :)

      Delete
  4. OMG, this manicure is just flawless! The 3D polka dots are awesome!!! O_O

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, that's so lovely to say!! I agree about the polka dots!!! :D

      Delete
  5. This is one of the best dotticures you've done! Hahaha! I love me some polka anytime!! I'm actually looking for some nice polkie pants (well, pajamas actually..just so i can take them go vacation) but mostly are overpriced or just not in colours I want them to be. Hahahaha!! Okayy that was off topic... AHHH I seriously love your nail art! The whole pop-art direction is just perrrrrffeecctttt!! The orange neon with purple really gives this whole mani the colours it needs! :D Of course, also the must haves black/white dots! ♥ ♥ ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU!! :D Haha I hope you find some perfect polka dot pajamas soon!!
      Hehe I just love pop art, it had to happen. The 3D dots are great and easy, I hope I remember how awesome they are!! :D

      Delete