Sunday 29 September 2013

31DC2013: Day 25 - Inspired by fashion

Hi there guys!! To be perfectly I have never been particularly into fashion, I just do my own thing and don't really care what's in. I'm glad I got this inspiration early or else I would've been stuck. I was flicking through a H&M magazine (Beyonce was on the cover and she's amazing) and I saw a picture and thought it'd be pretty fun to turn it into nail art.

I liked the colour combination of red, yellow, blue and green and the skirt was pretty fun. I like the messy look of the sponged nails, it'd be a good base for other nail art too.

Inspiration pic, I know there's a holographic outfit behind but I preferred the more colourful one
Sorry cuticles are still not in the best shape
This wasn't all that difficult, I made sure I had a light touch with the sponge or else the splodges would take over and wouldn't be as diverse in colour. I basically painted asterisks over lighter variations of the colour. Those light colours weren't very opaque so I put them over white.

Mustard Yellow: Topshop - Naked (fantastic formula by the way)
Red: Essie - E-Nuff Is E-Nuff
Dark Blue: Barry M - Indigo
Green: OPI - Jade Is The New Black
Light Pink: Barry M - Superdrug LE Summer 2013 A
Pink: Orly - Basket Case
Light Blue: Revlon - Blue Lagoon
Middle Blue: Nails Inc - Baker Street
Yellow: Barry M - Lemon Ice Cream
Orange: Essie - Fear Or Desire
White base: Barry M - Matt White

Thank you for reading and I hope you have a great day!!! :)

4 comments:

  1. Hmm, I love the muted ones better here. Although both of them together is quite an interesting mix! :) I thought the asterisk could be a little more tighter to further emulate the effect of the skirt. All in all, they still look beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! :) Honestly I prefer the muted ones too, but I like the combination of dull and bright. I agree, I wanted a better way of getting the skirt's design on my nails in an easy way and I like the substitute pattern I used. But I could've done a more accurate representation :)

      Delete
  2. These look great! I love both the designs :) Very fun!

    ReplyDelete