Thursday 14 November 2013

Gimme Glitter: Birthday Skittles

Hi there, I mentioned end of last post that I got quite a few polishes to play with recently so I have some of them here today. I want to mention now that I'm very busy right now so posting will not be as frequent 'til hopefully the beginning of December (which I cannot wait for for!!). Also for the next while I'm going to be playing with my new polishes so you'll be seeing a lot of them.

It's no secret I love glitter (I have posts dedicated to glitter, hint number 1 ;)) and having some glitter skittles only made sense (and I have more glitter to play with hehehehehehehehehehe glitter ^_^). I am so thankful for my lovely friends for being so thoughtful and kind to get me these polishes ^_^ 
I have to say Prickly Pear and The Teen Queen together are my favourite combo with The Teen Queen it's beyond sweet and pretty. It was one of the layering possibilities for me and I LOVE it. 
I know bar glitter is a controversial thing, but honestly from my limited experience (this is my first bar glitter polishes) I think they're quite good. I guess I don't mind the hairy look. It seems to me that everyone hates bar glitter but I really hope there's someone out there loving bar glitter and all the bar polishes being put out in all it's variations.

Base and glitter
I used 1-2 coats for each glitter, all were pretty packed but required a little bit of gap filling.
Thumb: Models Own - Beach Party and Barry M - Sour Apple
Index: Nails Inc - Baker Street and Barry M - Boots LE D (I think the other name for this could be Mardi Gras but until I'm sure I'm using the other name edit: the name is actually Tinsel Town).
I love the Barry M limited editions, I've been checking Superdrug but they haven't got theirs yet. But trust me once they have them I will be pouncing.
Middle: Barry M - Prickly Pear and Hare Polish - The Teen Queen
Ring: Barry M - Matt White and The Face Shop - Vanilla Sugar Yogurt
Pinky: Color Club - Wing Fling and Orly - Ridiculously Regal
I may have mentioned in the past that I hate plum (the colour), but when it comes to glitter, EVERYTHING IS ACCEPTABLE.

Thank you for reading and I hope you have a great day!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment