Monday 23 December 2013

Rainbow Snowflakes

Hello there!! Hopefully you are all on your holidays and enjoying it, I'm really looking forward to doing nothing to the max. I hope everyone is doing their year end favourites about now but I like doing mine in January (also I haven't swatches everything yet and the end of the year always brings a surge of polishes into my lap and deciding whether to include them or not is a debate).
Anyway, every year I feel like I have to do snowflake nails but this is definitely my coolest design (see what I did there), I really like snowflakes too so obviously I need them to reappear every year (though not in real life, I really don't think I've seen a real snowflake ever).

Eeeeeeeee I love all the colours!!! As you can tell snowflakes in all the colours, everything bright and colourful is my favourite so this is just great. It was also nice and simple to paint, that's always nice.

I got my toothpicks and freehanded all the snowflakes, pretty standard. Painting over textured polish was quite nice too as I don't know I felt like I had more control. Trying to keep everything nicely positioned and not crammed was something I had to keep in mind but overall I think I succeeded. Also the texture was (somewhat) taken away by topcoat, I like to seal in nail art.

White: Barry M - Lady
Red-y Pink: OPI - Charged Up Cherry
Orange: Essie - Fear Or Desire
Jade: Barry M - Greenberry
Blue: Nails Inc - Baker Street
Purple: Illamasqua - Jo'Mina
Teal: Barry M - Guava
Light Pink: Barry M - Dragon Fruit
Neon Orange: Models Own - Beach Party

Thank you for reading and I hope you have a great day!!! :)

4 comments: