Sunday 5 January 2014

Comparison: Mint Greens

Hi there guys!! Hope that if you're having time off you're enjoying it, I'm contemplating doing work, I decided after new year's day I would and this time I'm determined!! Cause like I actually need to get this stuff done...
I have another comparison today, only took me like 4 months, honestly I don't have all the polish to compare but I want to make my comparisons somewhat worthwhile. So mint greens, I don't know how I obtained so many but such is a nail art fiend's life :P

So we have Essie - Turquoise & Caicos, Rimmel - Misty Jade, Max Factor - Cool Jade, Barry M - Mint Green and I threw in Illamasqua - Nomad even though it is very different.
Misty Jade is the most blue toned and Cool Jade is the darkest of the lot. Honestly I think these are jade greens, I think the Barry M and the Essie are the most similar with the Essie being slightly lighter. But they're all quite similar as you can tell and they are especially similar in certain lightings, except Nomad, much more green-toned and beautiful.

My favourite is obviously the Illamasqua, the colour is the most beautiful in my opinion (it was in my favourites last year :)) but the most expensive, it's rare I splurge but I feel like Nomad is really worth it. But maybe you feel the Illamasqua is similar enough to the other polishes, personally I don't haha. But my second favourite is Cool Jade, not only because it was given by my friend but also it's a gorgeous colour with a perfect formula. Maybe you think I'm crazy and these are all identical to you but as the Like A Candy Shop meme goes "They're not the same, they're similar".

Illamasqua was 2 perfect coats that totally could've been one if I used a thicker coat of polish.
Barry M was 3 coats but probably could've been 2, tash on the gloopy side but my bottle is old and it's not bad at all. Seriously this was one of the first polishes I ever bought in a bunch of Barry M's.
Max Factor was also 2 perfect coats.
Rimmel was 3 coats, also probably didn't need it another slightly gloopy one but not bad.
Essie was a definite 3 coater, jelly so it's easy to bubble, I'm not the biggest fan of this polish. I thought I'd love it but no, as you can see its very similar to other polishes I own and it's not better. I keep saying I'll try to use this more, who knows if I'll ever do that haha.

Thank you for reading (and found this somewhat useful?) and I hope you have a wonderful day!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment