Thursday 13 March 2014

Black Nails: M&S - Petrol

Hello there!! This is the M&S polish that seriously blew my mind. Forget the fact they do nail polish at all, but a texture?? I was done. And it's mad gorgeous in the bottle, once I tried it on my nails oh my this is a beautiful polish, I was exciting to get a proper swatch of this. And I don't do black nails!!

Black texture with a very prominent (way more prominent than in the pictures) green shimmer THAT CHANGES TO PURPLE IN CERTAIN LIGHTING!! It was beautiful when the shimmer turned to purple and sometimes there was some green and some purple and blue perhaps even kind of yellow-ish and that was mind-blowing. Though sometimes when the polish was just black (the green was always there though) it was a bit average but in general, we have a mad pretty polish here.

Getting my way through swatching the Marks and Spencers's polishes, I probably won't swatch them all cause they aren't all my colours (e.g. brown) but I think I've done most of the ones I like. It's textured, I can't. I <3 textured polishes!!

I used 2 coats but I really should've used 3, even in pictures you can see that the polish isn't completely covering my nails. But it builds well and it easy to apply. The brush in general is pretty small though so many dips required (that sounds weird)?

Bonus topcoat pic!! This is how I mostly wore this, it darkens the black and makes the shimmer even more prominent (can't say no to that). I used 2 really thick coats of topcoat (Deborah Lippmann Addicted to Speed, it's not bad, no Color Club 3 in 1) and yet you could still feel and see the texture. I wasn't going to use more topcoat, so clearly this polish is a VERY textured one.

Haha thank you for reading this long post and I hope you have a great day!! :) 

4 comments:

  1. Love this textured polish!! Just got the China Glaze one on sale recently and it's nothing compared to this beauty :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe thanks I love it too!! I think I know which polish you're talking about, it lacks the green shimmer, the shimmer is everything :)

      Delete
  2. Do love the colour! Really looking forward to M&S here to carry some polishes too. Though, I hope it'd be at an affordable pricing though. Anyway, I can't decide whether I like it better matte or gloss! Both of them look so good! Thanks for sharing such wonderful shade :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah same (as you can tell :P)!! I don't know how they're distributing their polishes, but hopefully it will be there soon, their polishes are really good and I think are good value/not very expensive. I don't know either, I liked it both ways, I've always been onboard with textures :) No problem, I'm only happy to share, thanks for your comment!! :)

      Delete