Monday 31 March 2014

Lilly Pulitzer Butterfly Nails

Hello there guys!! Happy almost April oh my goodness that is terrifying how did this happen?? I have some scary exams coming up but keeping a cool head and working hard is key. Now I just have to work hard... Haha well anyway I was looking up some pictures on Google and I came across this Lilly Pulitzer Butterfly design and I loved it, also I just happened to have a blue base so this had to be done.

Ok I LOVE this design!! All the colour and the blue (which looks spectacular with topcoat, that blue shimmer is just wow). Butterflies are cute, and I like that I went away from the wings (though I do really like those designs). I just think this is pretty and I like pretty things :) But yeah I think the wings of these butterflies are really sweet, and I didn't know what I was doing!! :P I definitely want to do more Lilly Pulitzer designs, they are so quirky and colourful so I love them!!

I started with a white base for the butterflies trying to make the wings different for each butterfly. Then I tried to put specific colours to each section but alas it looked weird with a white outline. Of course this called for me to add a black outline. It looked better but still weird. But the little white spots on the wings really saved it, they kind of combined the existing colours and in my humble opinion I think it looks awesome. I did have to do looks of little fixes of the wings and the body, but once fixed I loved it.

Blue base: Essie - Lots of Lux
White: Lovely Me:Ex - White (as base) and Barry M - Matt White (for spots)
Black: Lovely Me:Ex - Black
Red: Essie - E-Nuff Is E-Nuff
Sparkly Red: OPI - Jinx
Yellow: Ciate - Loop The Loop
Green: Max Factor - Cool Jade
Dark Green: OPI - Jade Is The New Black
Blue: Nails Inc - Baker Street
Pink: Barry M - Fuchsia


Thank you very much for reading and I hope you have a wonderful day!! :)

2 comments:

  1. So pretty! I love that you up the whole look by using glittery base instead of a solid navy blue (and that shade is so pretty!). Really love how you did the butterflies, though I might give more warmth to the butterflies just to stand out more against the blue. And you're right, I like the white dots too, they really add a little something more to the whole look! Oh do you have an opaque gold? Because of the strong glittery background, gold outlines on the butterflies might be a nicer touch :) Hehe, but overall, I do like this ^.^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!! ^_^ Hehe I love glitter, and Lots of Lux is such a stunner. Yeah I get you, I had a blue against blue thing going on but I still liked it, and those white dots were the best. I don't have an opaque gold, I have a gold that takes 4 coats for opacity :/ But that's such a good idea, maybe I could've made my gold work :)

      Delete