Wednesday 30 April 2014

Black Nails: Rimmel - Black Pearl

Hi there guys, I don't know why but I've just been busting out the black nail polish, might as well get it all swatched. I want to apologise for my blog becoming so swatchy, I'd love to do more nail art but I do not have near enough time for it. I'll still have nail art but much less frequently until my blogaversary (the end of my exams oh my goodness I'm so pumped for that day), but I enjoy doing these swatch posts and really that's all that counts :)

Well Black Pearl is a black creme with a hint of silver shimmer going through (or "pearl") that sometimes looks green or purple in the light. Maybe Pirates of the Caribbean fans will like it more cause of the name.
I can't wear black nails by themselves because it's a sad colour, it's not that I don't like it but it's dull ya'know. Perfect to use for nail art and I have a look that will come in a while with this polish used in it.

A friend gave this to me for Christmas, 2 Christmases ago(?), and I see the many uses for this now, it's a good black creme. It's got the "Pro-wide" brush, if that means anything, and yeah I've converted to really liking Rimmel polish, it's very good.

2 easy coats no fuss. Maybe 1 for short nails, my nails are slightly on the long side. But it glided on and there were absolutely no formula problems.

Thanks for reading and I hope you have a great day!! :)

2 comments:

  1. Ooh it's pretty! I find wearing plain blacks kinda boring so if I were to sport black nails, I'm definitely choosing one with shimmers like Rimmel Black Pearl. It's dark and black. Shimmers are there though subtle, adds just enough to "un-boring" a black shade. Somehow this polish also reminds me of OPI My Private Jet (brownish version), except this is blacker than that. Hahahaha!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! :) Totally agree with you, the shimmer definitely is a nice addition. Haha yes, My Private Jet is so pretty imo btw :P With black nails I need the nail art, I'm sure you're the same!! ;)

      Delete