Thursday 22 May 2014

Blue + Orange Rose Nail Art

Hi there guys, I hope you're doing well. I'm glad that I have posts but you don't even know how behind I am, stuff you're going to be seeing is from months ago :/ But once again at least I have stuff to post, and a lot of the time I'm not in that position. But I am extremely busy right now, I have some pretty serious exams (and they could be happening right now :/ yep this is how behind I am/writing in kind of advance, it's all very time travelling-esque, and mostly confusing for myself and you) and I can't wait 'til they're over, the world will be a beautiful place and I can partake in nail challenges, when was the last time that happened for me? Anyway, I have rose nail art, inspired by Nailed It, her manicure was sweet.

So I kind of liked this manicure at the beginning but slowly I liked it less and less. I feel like I was just less proud of my execution, and I wasn't that proud of it in the first place. So here we have some sub-standard roses on a pink base, and oh yeah wasn't so keen on my colour combo either. Overall I just don't think this was a very successful manicure, but here at PlumeriaPainted I document the successes, the failures and the manicures in between (that's actually not a bad tagline).

I first used the brushes of the polishes to blob the shapes of the flowers, got ma toothpicks and put bunches of lines in each flower and then the black outlining came in. Oh yeah and I did the same kind of thing for the leaves, the dark green outlining was one of the few good ideas I had for this manicure.

Base: Color Club - Wing Fling and OPI - I Lily Love You
(Ok things get dodgy around here, normally I remember every polish but this was really done a while ago so there'll be gaps, but really the only person that is bothered by that is me)
Blue: Nails Inc - Baker Street, Essie - Lots of Lux, OPI - Last Friday Night, Revlon - Dreamer and Barry M - Blueberry Ice Cream
Orange: Essie - Tart Deco, Rimmel - It's a Scorcher!, Essie - Fear or Desire and OPI - Jinx
Green: China Glaze - I'm With The Lifeguard over Lovely Me:Ex - White
Dark Green: OPI - Jade Is The New Black
Black: Lovely Me:Ex - Black


Thank you for reading and I hope you have a great day!! :)

2 comments:

  1. Awh!! I was going to say I have an orange and blue floral mix to show as well. So though you fancy not this mani, I kinda do fancy it since I like how blue and orange contrast with each other. And your background is still stunning! Really love how the iridescent glitters are catching the lights from beneath the flowers. Oh well, I suppose you can give this a go again when you have much free-er time on your hands. In the meantime, keep focused on your exams and give it your all >:D Jia you! Fighting! Gambatte!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! That's nice I can take a positive out of this manicure, I love to contrast. Glad you like the background, it has some kind of redeeming quality. I cannot wait to have more free time on my hands. Haha yes I will!! Jia you!! Fighting!! >:) <-- my determined face ;)

      Delete