Sunday 4 May 2014

Gimme Glitter: Nails Inc - Glamour Glitter

Hello!! More glitter to give, I like giving glitter cause I have a lot. Not gonna lie. I got this polish free in Glamour magazine, the only reason I ever buy magazines. I also got Motcomb Street from Glamour magazine, but I gave it away cause I didn't like it. Hoping that magazines start giving polish colours that are more me, but I'll take any polish.

Glamour Glitter is a glitter topper with small and even smaller (good technical term) gold and silver-y gold glitter. Nothing groundbreaking, probably good for some extra sparkle. But you know me, I'm all about the full on sparkle so this doesn't really do anything for me. Though I just like having a gold glitter in my collection, but I would consider giving this away (I don't use it very much).

It was Nails Inc for like £10 cheaper, I wasn't going to say no this is me. The black and gold combo is pretty rockin' though. When I love a Nails Inc polish I love it, and this is not hitting the mark.

I used 2 coats over Rimmel Black Pearl, it was quite base heavy so I had to load up my brush so it was a tiny bit thick. The glitter didn't spread perfectly but it wasn't bad.

Thanks for reading and I hope you have a nice day!! :)

2 comments:

  1. O.O Are you sure you plan to give it away? I think its a stunner! And would be great for nail arts too. I'm looking at your swatches going "Ooooohh, that is nice!". Hahaha!! Let's see if I can persuade you..

    Here a link to a simple inspiration for nail art:
    http://goo.gl/it5Svk
    go ahead, view it first.

    Now imagine you have just prepared the whitish brick wall on your nails. You have noted the areas where you want the florals to be. Just before painting the florals, you placed Nails Inc Glamour Glitter onto those spaces first, in patches. Then you proceed with florals. Ah, the completed mani. Wouldn't you think the glitters add that nice something to the whole look? XD Look at the inspiration image again, doesn't it look incomplete without the glitter touch?

    Nails Inc Glamour Glitter, aren't too small and aren't too big. The irregularities of glitters in this polish is just the touch needed to spice up certain nail arts.

    Hahahaha!! Are you convinced yet? :3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw man, you make a good argument. I'd love to do that design, thank you so much for the inspiration!! It would be a lovely touch, haha you know me everything is incomplete would a touch of glitter :P You've definitely convinced me for this look, that idea is fabulous (but it might take me a while to get round to it cause of exams :()!!
      And as much as I'd like to use it for other things, I find I don't use it that much (the big bombastic glitter distract me) and I feel like someone else would appreciate it much more than me. I'm also trying to destash cause the stash be growin'. But what you're saying is so good, and it would be great but I going crazy with destashing, but i will definitely keep this polish now (I was going to purge tomorrow!!) and who knows I might decide to keep it longer :)
      By the way, thank you for commenting on my posts, I appreciate it SO SO SO much and I love hearing what you have to say so thank you :)

      Delete