Friday 20 June 2014

Dolce & Gabbana Blossom Nail Art

Hello there guys, good to see you!! Nail art!! Whey!! So I saw this super gorgeous red with blossoms Dolce and Gabbana bag in a magazine (and guess why I was reading this magazine, cause there was free nail polish with it and coincidentally this polish was perfect for this design) and I just had to do the design on my nails. I used a wonderful Robin Moses tutorial for this, her neutral cherry blossoms which was so perfect. I also love how causal her tutorials are too. Man I just love the look.

I just feel the more "brushstroky" look is what I really like. I really like the artsy look, while most of the time I fail that criteria, I think I got it this time!! :D
The tan flowers are also just lovely (thank you Robin Moses). I especially love it with the red base (and let's not even start talking about that red base cause I could go on for a while and I will once I write my post on it ;)); and there are also peaks of glittery dark red which I loved and wished I hadn't covered up so much. The pink flowers kind of just happened with a bunch of blending; it didn't turn out the way I wanted but I ended up liking it. I just loved looking at this design cause I think it's cutesy and elegant :P and flowers, I think floral designs are fantastic.

Me being me I had to slam on some glitter before the design and I just got the brush of the polish and went wild, as you do. I then got my toothpick with the dark brown and tried to go wild, but sometimes I can't let go of control and this is how the artsy doesn't happen. But the branches were covered with some leaves then some flowers which once again I did the toothpick thing. 
The pink flowers were unplanned, but I got a tiny amount of polish on the toothpick and lightly dragged it on the desired part of the flower. I really tried to explain that all fancy-like but I failed haha. So yeah I used toothpicks like usual and went about my nail art :)

Base: Barry M - Carousel
Glitter polishes: Barry M - Princess, Essie - Leading Lady (which was great in this design) and Barry M - Superdrug Xmas LE 2012 B
Dark Brown: w7 - Brownie
Green: Barry M - Kiwi
Tan: Nails Inc - Sao Paulo Streets (I'll have a post about this one soon too, like why did I pick the neutral polish?)
White: Barry M - Matt White
Pinks: Barry M - Superdrug Summer LE 2013 A, The Face Shop - PK105, OPI - Charged Up Cherry, Barry M - Boots Xmas LE 2012 B and Barry M - Strawberry Ice Cream
Brown: Paris Collection - Mauve Melody with w7 - Golden Sands and occasionally Topshop - Naked underneath the brown until I changed my mind

Thank you very much for reading and I hope you have a fantastic day!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment