Tuesday 24 June 2014

PowerPuff Girls Nail Art

Hello there!! Thank you for clicking here on PlumeriaPainted, I appreciate it. It's a nail art day!! PowerPuff girls, don't know about you but I was obsessed with the PowerPuff girls when I was really young. It was so fun, and they were saving the world and the villain was all crazy. It was a good show. Oo and it was so colourful!! So yeah did some nail art inspired by them.

I'm really really happy with how this turned out, I think the PowerPuff girls are so cute!! They're aren't perfect but I think it works and has "personal flair". So there's Bubbles, Blossom and Buttercup. Bubbles was my favourite cause she's so happy and cute!! For the thumb and pinky I was trying to do the heart that they appear in, in the theme tune, it works better when I do a different hand position. On another note I loved the PowerPuff Girls theme tune, again so fun.

So I started with a white base for all of them and did my black outline. Then I got my toothpicks and filled in. Proportion is always my nail art enemy so I was battling that and I think I mostly won (except kind of for Buttercup). For the stripes (I'm trying to think of the word for that stripy heart but it's not coming to me) I just got the brushes of the polishes and went wild.

Base: Claire's - Hundreds & Thousands
Black: Lovely Me:Ex - Black
Yellow: Rimmel - Sunshine
Peach: w7 - Linen
White: Barry M - Matt White and Lovely Me:Ex - White (as a base)
Blue: Revlon - Blue Lagoon
Red: OPI - Dutch Tulips
Orangey Red: Barry M - Carousel
Orange: Essie - Fear Or Desire
Green: Illamasqua - Nomad
Orangey Pink: OPI - Charged Up Cherry
Light Pink: Barry M - Dragon Fruit
Fuchsia: Barry M - Fuchsia
Pink: Orly - Basket Case


Thank you so much for reading and I hope you have a wonderful day!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment