Tuesday 29 July 2014

Animal Crossing New Leaf Nail Art: Reese and Cyrus

Hi chums!! I don't know if I'll make a new series from this, but I definitely might cause I am an Animal Crossing fangirl. Especially the newest game New Leaf, I adored Wild World on the DS (I did some nail art ;) but I think I've improved since then, just have your eyes burnt with the fiery orange photo) but New Leaf is really a step up, a really amazing step up. I'd happily do all the nail art on Animal Crossing cause I'm so obsessed, it's the perfect summer game.
I only got the game recently when I got my 3DS after my exams (which it's amazing guys, the Streetpass features alone make it worth it, if you know what I'm talking, you KNOW what I'm talking about ;)) with New Leaf and I'm totally enamoured with the characters I'm going to show you today. I've also realised that this mani totally perfectly fits this month's Lacquer Legion theme of Fandom, I've been meaning to join the fray but I've been too busy over the last 7 months or so. But I have the nail art this month!!
AHHHHHH ANIMAL CROSSING!!!

So Reese and Cyrus are alpacas, Reese is the girl (who's adorable!!) and Cyrus is the guy and they run the new shop Re-tail (which is the best shop ever).
I'm very happy with how I managed to paint them, I think I got them accurately and capturing the essence of their characters. I also really really like the heart print going on, so simple but so cute!! But genuinely Reese and Cyrus are so precious, oh yeah they're married too!! :P

At Re-tail (pun) you can sell your stuff (they give a better price than the Nooks), recycle old items and Cyrus can customize your furniture which is a new thing in this game and it's awesome. It's why I have a really cool white grand piano sitting in my house haha. Seriously incredible new characters for the game and I had to salute them in nail art hehe!!
So painting wise I got my toothpicks, for Reese and Cyrus I started with a white base and filled in the details. I started with the hair for both of them cause it's a significant part of them :)

Base: The Face Shop - Strawberry Milk Yogurt
Pink: Barry M - Dragon Fruit
White: Barry M - Matt White and Lovely Me:Ex - White
Black: Lovely Me:Ex - Black
Peach: M&S - Sun Glow
Brown: Nails Inc - Porchester Square
Red: M&S - Poppy
Medium Pink: Orly - Basket Case
Dark Pink: Madame Milly - Pink (no name)
Green: Rimmel - Misty Jade
Yellow: Topshop - Naked
Blue: Essie - Bikini So Teeny (Cyrus is more of a bright cyan blue but I can't seem to find a polish like that, just gonna keep hunting :P)
Dark Blue: H&M - Blue My Mind

Even if you don't know about the game hopefully you were still able to enjoy this post, thanks so much for reading and I hope you have a wonderful day!!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment