Saturday 19 July 2014

Blue's Clues Nails

Hello there guys!! Hope you are doing well; as you can tell I have Blue's Clues nail art today. I adored Blue's Clues as a child, I loved the show, I had the computer game (which was awesome, if my memory is correct, that's where I learned what magenta was) and generally I just really liked it with the handy dandy notebook and dat green stripey shirt. And since I like to do nail art of shows of my childhood I decided to give Blue's Clues a whirl cause Blue is really cute (original name for a blue dog but I'll let it slide, it works for the show's title).

So here we have the pivotal Blue with the logo and that classic red chair, which you probably couldn't tell was a red chair, I tried. However I'm really happy with Blue, she looks cute (Blue is a girl!!) and actually I really like the wallpaper print. It's a nice background to the design yet it's also familiar because of the show!! :)

For the wallpaper, I used the brush of the polish to do straight lines (I know they are not straight whatsoever, my hand gets a little jittery sometimes) then I got a toothpick to do the squiggly lines within. For Blue I used a mixture of polish brush and toothpick for the fine details. The paw was more just brush and obviously the letters were with a toothpick, my writing on nails is bad even though I think my writing on paper etc. is good.

Sorry for the crazy yellow lighting
Orange: OPI - Where Did Suzi's Man-go?
Dark Orange: Essie - Fear Or Desire
Blue: Essie - Bikini So Teeny
Middle Blue: H&M - Blue My Mind mixed with Barry M - Matt White. Oh yeah some mixing happened as I don't have all the required colours with me, it was relatively successful.
Dark Blue: H&M - Blue My Mind
White: Barry M - Matt White
Black: Lovely Me:Ex - Black
Pink: OPI - Japanese Rose Garden
Red: M&S - Poppy

Thank you very much for reading and I hope you have a fabulous day!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment