Tuesday 8 July 2014

Facebook Sticker Series: Banana the Monkey

Hey there guys, I have a new series today. It's about time considering I came up with this over a year ago, this is a PlumeraPainted trend; I have an idea, I wait a year before I actually do it :/ anyway this will be an ongoing series (until Facebook runs out of stickers) where I do nail art based on the Facebook stickers you can get in Messenger. They are usually super cute, which come on you know me I love cute things. I get the hard part is how small the stickers are, it can be hard to see but nothing impossible. So the 1st edition will be the Banana stickers, some of my favourites (if not my favourite) as the monkey is so goofy and cute.

There are always so many stickers to pick from and today I picked the WAA Monkey and Banana in a teacup, which I really liked. And the WAA Monkey is my favourite ever, cause I feel the WAA! embodies many feelings and add the flailed arms in the air, it's a very all-encompassing emotion that I feel relates to many aspects of our collective lives.
I love the colours of Banana, he's teal which is enough for me. And oh my gosh he's so cute in a teacup!!! I think the weak point of this design is the bananas which are a bit dodgy, but I definitely don't think it's enough to ruin the design. In fact I really really like it!!

I used the brush of the polish a lot for this design, it worked well for the head and arms. The majority of the design I just used toothpicks and freehanded the design. Yeah I don't have much else to say. That's unusual haha.

Look how great the flakies look over Carousel!! o.O
Base: Barry M - Carousel and Essie - Shine Of The Times
Teal: Barry M - Guava
Light Blue: The Face Shop - GR501
Dark Blue: Kiko - 265
Peach: Essie - Tart Deco
Green: Barry M - Kiwi
Orange: Essie - Fear Or Desire
White: Barry M - Matt White
Red: OPI - Dutch Tulips
Pink: Barry M - Dragon Fruit
Yellow: Rimmel - Sunshine over Lovely Me:Ex - White
Mustard Yellow: Topshop - Naked
Light Orange: Rimmel - It's A Scorcher!


Thank you very much for reading and I hope you have a great day and check out the rest of those stickers, they are super cute!! :)

4 comments:

  1. These are so cute! The monkey looks just like the sticker, and the flaky background is gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! ^_^ I'm glad, I wanted to get Banana right, he's the best!! Yes, I knew I couldn't be the only one who sees it, it's so pretty!!

      Delete
  2. OMG, this is so adorable!!! :D I love the expression on the monkey's face! adorable ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!! :D hehe yes it's my favourite expression, we all feel like that sometimes haha :P

      Delete