Sunday 6 July 2014

Floral Graffiti Nails

Hello there!! Nail art today, yay. Except this one is a stinker. But PlumeriaPainted documents the good, the bad and the inbetween. And this is the bad. But such is life. Honestly this looks better in the pictures than in real life, which is a definite plus!! The lovely lovely Lacqueerisa gave me this nail art idea and I'm disappointed in myself that I didn't do it justice. Hey, but we still show what happened.

Actually the pictures help it out A LOT, but that's a good thing!! I ended up making my own design instead of following the picture exactly. So the flower is very something I would do haha. I like it in these pictures though. Then I did some flower-y shapes as "shadows" and used leaf colours. I wasn't going to do the black outline but I found with graffiti there tends to be black outlines.
Obviously I added glitter cause it makes me feel better. I really like the colours of the glitter of Glam Polish Mars Attacks! in the design. And Go Deeper was just being awesome, go that holographic glitter!!
I do like the brick background with the glitter (Lacqueerisa was right ;)) and it works with the flowers. I like this design better than when I started writing about it.

For the flower I was using my toothpicks and doing lines of a bunch of pink polish so they'd all blend. I think it was a somewhat good idea that wan't executed correctly. For the "shadows" I just used the brushes of the polishes and then did the same with the glitter.

Base: Nails Inc - Sao Paulo Streets
Brown: Nails Inc - Porchester Square
Gold glitter: Nails Inc - Glamour Glitter 
Pinks: OPI - Charged Up Cherry, Barry M - Dragon Fruit, No. 7 - Me! Me! Me!, Essie - Your Hut Or Mine? and Barry M - Princess (which was a bad idea). Man remembering those are hard cause of the blending :/
Yellows: Ciate - Loop The Loop, M&S - Maize and Topshop - Naked (I think :/)
Orange: Chilli Pepper - Orange (no name)
Black: Lovely Me:Ex - Black
Pale Green: China Glaze - Re-Fresh Mint and Glam Polish - Mars Attacks!
Green: Barry M - Greenberry with Barry M - Sour Apple
Dark Green: Barry M - Kiwi and Orly - Go Deeper
Teal: Barry M - Guava and Barry M - Aqua Glitter

Thank you for reading and I hope you have a nice day!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment