Friday 4 July 2014

Red Nails: Barry M - Carousel

Hey guys!! I have an absolutely GORGEOUS polish today. What's happened to me? I am such a red gal lately and I don't even know why. I think I've been lucky enough to get a bunch of awesome reds and this one is the cherry. But not literally, this polish is very much not cherry coloured. But it's beautiful and I'm glad I snatched it up. Also the name, adorable!!

The colour of this just melts my heart. It is simply stunning, like I could just look at this colour and be happy. It's amazing.
Carousel is a beautiful light orange-y red polish with a very very subtle golden shimmer (which I really don't mind it not showing up, it's kind of like Barry M Blue Moon that way). I wonder when my eyes decided they loved red, it's weird but I love it. This is much more orange toned than any red I own and I think it's unique. I thought it could be a not textured OPI Jinx, but it's very different. And beautiful in it's own way!! :3

Part of this year's summer limited editions, I always snatch these up whenever they come out. And I think this year Boots has won the competition, as usually I think Superdrug has. I think what Superdrug has is nice, but Boots has super pretty cremes (especially this one!!) which are better. The names are also existing and are really good!! I'm glad they listened to my request ;) I'm so glad Barry M does these, cause they're special and more polish for me haha!! Oo and oh my goodness the lid has little hearts and it's the cutest thing ever!! :D

The formula was so perfect, 2 coats for full opacity. From seeing the bottle I thought this would be quite sheer but it was the very opposite and it glided and was smooth and generally perfect. If there are any bubbles as usual that's my fault for not waiting long enough. Another note is that the formula is quite thick and is the kind that if you don't apply quickly enough, the flaws in application will show. If you get me.

Thank you very much for reading and I hope you have a lovely day!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment