Friday 19 September 2014

The totally doable I have a life challenge! - Ikat monster

Hey there fine fellows, I have the final bonus part of the challenge today as this was one of the ones I missed in the early stages of the challenge and of course I wouldn't pass up a good ikat. I really like how they look!! I did want to do something a little different from your regular ikat, and this is what came of that.

Hopefully you can see the angry, not amused face on the 3 fingers in the middle. It's a monster. The thumb and pinky have spiky claw-like ikat print. This is how I do different. Yeah it's not my cutest look which is a reason why I'm not in love with it. But I'm happy with my branching out, trying something new!! Also with the glitter I included for this look; it looks great matte.

So I freehanded the white part with the brush of the polish. Actually I did the whole coloured bit with the brushes of polishes as I got too lazy to use the toothpick. I tried to do artistic strokes (like I've been doing a lot recently) and finally I used my black pen for the outlines and evil eyes and sad faces. Maybe I should've made it angrier.

Sorry for the slight blur
Purple: OPI - Plum & Get It, Models Own - Indian Ocean and OPI - Polka.com
White: Barry M - Matt White
Black: Lovely Me:Ex - Black
Yellow: American Apparel - Neon Yellow
Orange: Models Own - Beach Party
Pink: Barry M - Superdrug Summer LE 2013 A
Green: Barry M - Greenberry
Blue: Essie - Lots Of Lux
Red: Barry M - Carousel


This is the conclusion of this challenge and I had fun with the prompts and messing with them. I came up with some pretty wacky stuff sometimes. It's nice to do a challenge for once, as it may be a while 'til I do another one :/ Always busy I am. Thank you for reading and I hope you have a cool day!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment