Thursday 4 September 2014

The totally doable I have a life challenge! - Guilty pleasure = Hey Baby by DJ Ötzi

Hey guys, I'm still here doing the challenge. I'm also still here with a bunch of homework I'm procrastinating on. This is my life guys. You can't change me!! The prompt was guilty pleasure. Now I have a lot of guilty pleasures. Frankly the majority of my hobbies are guilty pleasures, whether it's gaming, reading or 1930's music I felt they didn't truly capture the essence of a guilty pleasure. That's why I've decided to pick a song that really is a guilty pleasure but I love it with all my heart. Guys, the guilty pleasure is real.

So I decided to create a design based on the feeling of the song. Which of course called for pop art. I think the explosion around the "Hey Baby!" really reflects the emotions in the song. There is an exclamation mark on my index finger to show that this "Hey Baby!" is exclaimed!! I wanted a more basic colour theme and I thought it was sweet. I do really love pop art cause it just looks really cool, edgy and bold.
But seriously Hey Baby is such a song. I first heard it when I was 5 and when I recently rediscovered it over the summer; now I can't help but belt it out all over the house. It's just that kind of song that needs to be spread to send out happy vibes. That "heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey" cannot be topped. Or the oohs and the ahhs haha. It's just a nice regard too; so many songs are about being too cool for people but this one is the opposite. It's willingly asking something that people think they are too above to ask. Let's not even start on the happiness the key change brings me. It's just great.

After some research I realise this song was a cover of a song in the 1960's and was the unofficial theme of the 2002 FIFA World Cup. It was also No. 1 in the UK, Ireland, Australia and Japan. That's pretty legit. If this song doesn't make you feel warm inside, then my friend you have a heart of stone ;)

I started with the shapes before putting the outlines on them. I think it was neater this way. I used a mixture of a brush and a toothpick. The writing was with a toothpick and that was hard. I did the little dots with bobby pins and that worked out pretty well.

Base: Essie - E-nuff Is E-nuff and OPI - Jinx
White: Barry M - Matt White
Yellow: Topshop - Naked and American Apparel - Neon Yellow
Black: Lovely Me:Ex - Black
Green: Barry M - Kiwi, Rimmel - Block Your Green! and Orly - Go Deeper (i.e. the saviour of the writing)
Blue: Revlon - Dreamer
Light Green: Etude House - Play 86
Shiny Blue: Rimmel - Azure
Orange: Rimmel - It's a Scorcher!
Medium Green: Illamasqua - Nomad
Dark Blue: H&M - Blue My Mind


Thank you so much for reading this long and I sound crazy post and I hope you have a lovely day!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment