Thursday 9 October 2014

Parrot Print Nails

Hey there guys, hope you're having a good start to your October. I think things have slightly calmed down, at least this week I know things are going to get insane again in a couple of days. By the time you read this I will have done a concert with the BBC and I guess that'll be cool :) I'm quite behind when it comes to writing up posts but I remember being very happy with this design, hopefully you'll think it's pretty sweet :P

This is inspired by a parrot top I got during the summer from New Look, it's cobalt blue with rainbow parrots and it's my favourite top ever. However not too long ago I did a butterfly design (which I also loved) and the colour scheme is very very similar.
So that called for a more green/pink colour scheme which is very feminine, an aspect I like from time to time. I think the green and pink combo is a good one, I added a little bit of blue too for fun. This is the first time I've done something unintentionally artsy and I think it actually works!! Highly suitable for a bird too. The bar glitter is also for a feather effect (like the Nails Inc polish but this is a Barry M but it's totally a dupe for the Nails Inc polish).

I started with a white base, I didn't intend to completely cover it but I'm glad I did. I started with the beaks, and I tried to highlight certain areas with different shades of green. I did the same with the pink, blue and bonus green, trying to make the dark colours fade to lighter colours (art yo). Finally I got my black polish and toothpick and did light strokes and just generally not completely stark opaque lines.
I'm proud that it worked cause when I want to do something artsy it normally doesn't work haha. But success!! Generally I think prints are really nice.
On another note, I added extra glitter to find that it was overkill, and while I managed to pick most of it off some of the glitter was quite jammed on so I painted over it, covering up = another solution.

Base: Barry M - Greenberry, Barry M - Sour Apple and Claire's - Dizzy (which I painted over)
Black: Rimmel - Black Pearl
Green (from light to dark): Etude House - No. 86, China Glaze - I'm With The Lifeguard and Barry M - Kiwi
Pink (from light to dark): Barry M - Dragonfruit, Barry M - Superdrug Summer LE 2013 A, The Face Shop - PK105 and Madame Milly - Pink (no name)
Blue (from light to dark): Revlon - Blue Lagoon and Revlon - Dreamer
White: Barry M - Matt White


Thank you much for reading and I hope you have a wonderful day!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment