Sunday 2 November 2014

Clashing gradient + dotty flowers nail art

Hi there!! I hope you're doing well, chilling and that. Today I have some simple nail art that I thought I could quickly do and just wear for the week. The design took longer than anticipated and I ended up taking the design off after a couple of days (not that I didn't like it, I really liked it!!) cause it was thick (can't deal with a thick manicure). However I still think this is a simple cute look that's fun to "wear".

I like clashing colours a lot and I actually spent of a long time for the colours to use. I love glitter gradients but unfortunately my gradients are very hit and miss, I guess this one was in-between.
The accent nail was meant to have nothing but it just looked really out of place so I added the little flowers which are cute and so easy to do and I'm glad I added it to the design as it ties everything together. Oh yeah The Teen Queen looks great as it always does.

I use the sponge method for my gradients and after having to do tons of layers I just resorted to dabbing with the brush of the polish. For the little flowers I just used a toothpick with the corresponding polish and went with the flow on the colour scheme of the flowers.

#cuticleproblems :/
My hands match for once in my life!! But never again, I love not matching. Well not completely matching cause the accent nail is different but it's the closest I'll get to matching.
Orange, green, blue gradient: OPI - Where Did Suzi's Man-go?, Illamasqua - Melange and H&M - Blue My Mind
Glitter: Hare Polish - The Teen Queen
Neon pink accent: Claire's - Hundreds and Thousands
Light pink accent: The Face Shop - Strawberry Milk Yogurt
Orange: Essie - Fear Or Desire
Pink: OPI - Charged Up Cherry
Light green: China Glaze - Re-Fresh Mint
Blue: Models Own - Asscher Blue

Thank you for reading and I hope you have a lovely day!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment