Sunday 9 November 2014

Red/Blue Blossom Nails

Hey there guys!! It's a nail art day and I love floral nail art and my problem has always been that I'm not very good at it :( Again it's another hit and miss thing for me, except I think with floral nail art when I hit, I HIT!! I'm very happy with this one, elegant flowers are the shizz.

I was trying to be artsy and when I do that sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. When I don't try really hard it tends to work and vice versa (reverse psychology?), and artsiness is me in this design.
With the peach base, I thought some pinky red and blue flowers would go really nice on top. I think I managed to do the shading ok too. The black dots really helped the design an thankfully I didn't mess it up!! I felt so elegant with this design on ;)

For the artsiness, I got my toothpick and actually just went mental making loose flower shapes. Seriously mental, there was no set shape going on (I think that's my downfall) and I avoided outlines this time round. The leaves were more structured also I didn't want them all over the place so they're very orderly. For the bits of glitter I did a little bit of fishing, not tough fishing though if you know what I mean?

Base: Paris Collection - Brown Beaute
Red: OPI - Dutch Tulips
Pink (hard to see): Models Own - Radiant Pink
Dark blue: H&M - Blue My Mind
Light blue: Models Own - Asscher Blue
Black: M&S - Petrol
Green: Illamasqua - Melange
Green glitter: Orly - Go Deeper

Thanks very much for reading and I hope you have a great day!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment