Tuesday 16 December 2014

Red Nails: Essie - Sunday Funday

Hi you!! It's another swatch day, and I found the elusive Sunday Funday after saying it was the one I want. As you can imagine it was a TK Maxx find. Red has been a great colour for me this year, but I think that's where this polish fell for me.

I suppose I thought this would be more coral which is the attraction for me. It's somewhat pinky but not enough. Sunday Funday is a red-y coral (mostly red) creme with a subtle green/pink shimmer (Essie uses this shimmer a lot but I really like it). It's nice don't get me wrong, but not spectacular you know.

Again from the Essie Summer 2013 collection, I've already said that I liked all the colours in that collection. They were pretty and bright, that's what I'm about polish wise. The name of this is so fun!!

Formula wasn't all that great, at 3 coats it was still streaky and I used 5 coats for some nails. It's good that the coats were thin, but they were quite runny. It meant that I got bed sheet print on my nails :/ I think the multiple coats were partially because of my long nails and it could just be my bottle.

Thank you for reading and I hope you have a nice day!! :)

2 comments:

  1. This is so pretty! I don't think its just your bottle. I had a mini polish of Sunday Funday and had similar issues. I have to say though this shade really suits you - you were it beautifully! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a very nice shade!! Awk thank you, I really do like red now and it's annoying that all the bottles have this issue but generally I think it can be overlooked :)

      Delete