Tuesday 30 December 2014

Winter holly + feminine distressed nails

Hello there fine people, I hope you're having a great time. Genuinely, like I was meant to be posting a bit more but I've been loving the chilling that's been happening. I guess I actually have things to do as well which is weird too. This was my Christmas manicure :/ I did this on Christmas day too though, I did my nails then frantically wrote my Christmas post (I should really manage my time better). I was inspired by Lacqueerisa's manicure which was totally gorgeous (mine does not compare at all) and good when you're in a push like I was.

I put my own PlumeriaPainted spin on it hahaha, so it's not as pretty. Though honestly I think this looked better in real life than in these photos (it's usually not this way). You've got some holly in the corners then a "distressed" background, I initially thought the pink would be a good idea but eventually I think a more related colour scheme would've worked better. But I was there for the white glitter, so much yes.

I did the whole barely any polish on the brush thing and did swipes across my nails. I did the basic holly and leaf shapes and then kind of went crazy with the colours on top but we can call that being artistic.

Base: Barry M - Prickly Pear
White glitter: Claire's - Fluffy
Pink: Models Own - Radiant Pink
Gold: M&S - Golden Sands (was so fabulous)
Purple glitter: Barry M - Fashion Icon
Berries: OPI - Plum & Get It, The Body Shop - A Grape Affair with more Barry M - Fashion Icon and w7 - Silver Mirror for shine
Leaves: Max Factor - Cool Jade, OPI - Jade Is The New Black and Illamasqua - Melange

Thanks for reading and I hope you have a great day!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment