Friday 27 February 2015

Star-Crossed Nails

Hello!! I've have some downtime recently so I've been trying to get some nail art and general nail stuff done before everything goes insane again. I might have to do mock exams and so much urgh. See my clever title, cause it's literally stars and crosses, I needed something simple to last and this fitted that criteria.

I always like star patterns and the cross pattern is pretty cool. It's very simple but sometimes that's the most effective. I like this colour scheme too, blue and green are 2 of my favourite colours too. The glitter really adds too, it was missing a little je ne sais quoi and the glitter got it.

I freehanded the design with some toothpicks, I'd draw the outlines of the stars and then fill them in. I tried my best to keep the lines straight and while they're a bit wobbly I'm happy with it. For my left hand I did the pattern "inverted" cause I can never truly match.

Red: Barry M - Starlet
Blue: Barry M - Malibu
Green: Barry M - Greenberry
Dark blue: Nails Inc - Baker Street
Olive green: Illamasqua - Melange
Glitter: Barry M - Superdrug Xmas LE 2012 B

Thank you for reading and I hope you have a fantastic day!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment