Friday 15 May 2015

Purple roses + cream polka dot nails

Hello there fine fellows. With me flower nail art is very hit and miss, we know this from the floral flourishes and fails (I tried really hard with that alliteration) but today I have a flourish and I adore this look. Nothing groundbreaking but when it's done well, it's soooooooooooooooooooo nice.

For me its the colour scheme, I realise I'm in love with the combination of brown and purple, I never realised pairing these polishes would work so well. Again recently I've been obsessed with polka dots cause they're so easy and cute. Roses always seem to go wrong with me but not today. I don't really know what I did differently but it worked and I was so happy!! Maybe I kept it lumpy? Really good advice I know. Also I like the "dimension" with the leaves.

I got a bobby pin to do the polka dots which were almost completely evenly spaced which doesn't really happen for me. I spaced the roses in a kind of not ordered way (which I really liked) and started with a blob of pale purple then got toothpicks and darker purples and did 'c' shapes on top. Sometimes if it got too overwhelmed with one purple I'd go back with a lighter purple to make the rose shape clearer. I finished with my leaves with toothpicks as always and added the little bit of light green.

Brown: M&S - Golden Sands
Cream: Nails Inc - Sao Paulo Streets
Light purple: Essie - Lilacism
Medium purple: Illamasqua - Jo'Mina
Dark purple: OPI - Plum & Get It
Purple glitter: Barry M - Fashion Icon
Green: China Glaze - I'm With The Lifeguard
Dark green: OPI - Jade Is The New Black

Thank you very much for reading and I hope you have a spectacular day haha!! :)

2 comments:

  1. I feel very much the same as you with floral manicures but this one came out absolutely beautifully! I think the gold, polka dots and roses look really lovely together :) I have still never mastered a rose manicure! Hope you have a lovely weekend :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always thought I was the only one!! Aw thank you so much!! I reall liked the colour combo, I like to think I'm getting there haha :P You too!!! :)

      Delete