Monday 1 June 2015

Falling purple blossoms + striped nails

Hey there guys!! This manicure was inspired by the Manicurator, I thought this look was really pretty and I did my take on it (hers was better haha) except with purple and brown. I love the combination of purple and brown now.

I was trying to make the other flowers more artsy and had a bit of a fail, it's just too messy. But I love the stripes and the falling flowers, really nice. I know the stripes aren't perfect, but for freehanding it I don't think it's too bad. The flowers over the stripes were my fave, it's a classy look?

I mentioned I freehanded the stripes, and everything else I used toothpicks and the brush of the polishes. Like I used the brush of the polish for the stripes and tidied up with toothpicks if needed be. For the brown parts of the flower I tried to be more loose and free and go a bit wild. But I think it was too wild, the loose and free has worked for me a lot but not for this design.

White: Barry M - Cotton
Purple: Illamasqua - Jo'Mina
Pinky purple: Illamasqua - Seance
Light purple: Barry M - Prickly Pear
Dark purple: OPI - Plum & Get It
Brown: w7 - Brownie

Thank you very much for reading and I hope you have a really nice day!! :)

2 comments:

  1. Aww don't be so hard on yourself, Gillian! I think it looks awesome and I love the artist look to it. Even though it is artistic it is clearly flowers so I don't think it looks messy. I really love the colour combination you used :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thank you, you're too kind!! I suppose its good to try different things, yeah it's a good one, for some reason purple and brown just works :)

      Delete