Monday 22 June 2015

The most stylish bee (nail art) you'll ever see

Hey there fine folks!! Like the title? I tried ok. I did this at Easter time and it's one of my favourite nail designs and it came from not knowing what I was doing. That's a key theme in my life but sometimes it works!! For nail art, and when designs end up being quite cool I'm ok with that.

Well I love neon yellow so that was going to grab me but those pinwheels are so cool!! I started with a white base and went from there. The pinwheels came first and the black stripe segments are funky. For some reason I decided to paint the bee with the sweet blue trail and added some honeycomb. One of my favourite designs, the colours were so simple but tied everything together. It just looks stylish ok ;)

I freehanded the pinwheels so I started with drawing the outlines making sure there were 3 segments of each colour then painting the colours and patterns in turn. There's a bit of orange in the yellow cause I used my orange toothpick and it got transferred but I like it. Being neat with the black was hard, frequently I'd have to repaint the other segments to cover up the messiness. Yeah then got my toothpicks and pens to freehand everything else. Gotta love some tessellation.

Yellow: American Apparel - Neon Yellow
Blue: Barry M - Malibu
Black: Lovely Me:Ex - Black
White: Barry M - Cotton

Thank you very much for reading and I hope you have a wonderful day!! :)

4 comments:

  1. Oooh that is one AMAZING yellow :O
    That bee is so darn adorable :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is so bright and fun! I love your little bee :) This is such a nice neon manicure for summer! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you think so!! :) Thank you so much!! :D Haha I'm all about neon manicures all year round.

      Delete