Monday 9 November 2015

Dripping Galaxy Nail Art

Hey there guys!! November time and it's nearly Christmas!! I love Christmas so much, I can't wait. It's nearly my birthday and things are nice. Until exams begin, might have to yolo that cause I'm not prepared. I don't like how schools expect you to be smart 2 months into term, it's not gonna happen.
Anyway today I have the nail art I wore for my school's formal (or "prom"), I went with this cause it was really blingy and rad. Obviously it matched my dress which was cobalt blue and one shoulder and flowy dresses are so fun. It was a fun night but not gonna lie I'm glad it's over so we can all move on with our lives hahahaha. I also did quite a few peoples' nails for it too which was a really sweet experience :)

I'm going with a different pose as the design was the other way round. I do prefer the other way as it's facing me but I thought it was the kind of situation to show off your nails. This is of course inspired by Coewless Nail Blog, her nails are totally insane. I did a colour scheme to match my dress and I love galaxy designs and the dripping thing looks so cool!! So I had fun with this design.

Ok this design took a while, my best friend came to visit me so I could do her nails and she witnessed me painting this design and she realised the commitment I have to my nails lol. So I freehanded the drips with the brush of the polish. Then the "fun" part, broke off tiny bits of sponge and dabbed colours on. There were a lot of colours and took a long time. I like with galaxies you can see the design slowly come together. I painted the stars with a toothpick and then I went mawd with the glitter. Also I had both hands matching for once and that's weird for me but I feel it took longer in a way.

I liked my thumb very much
Blue: H&M - Blue My Mind
White: Barry M - Cotton
Big Hex Glitter: Barry M - Hologram Hexograms (an old favourite)
Purples: Illamasqua - Jo'Mina, Essie - Lilacism, Illamasqua - Seance and OPI - Plum & Get It
Greens: Illamasqua - Melange and Barry M - Pole Position
Glitter Polishes: Topshop - Razzmatazz and Illamasqua - Blizzard (an essential for this)
Other Blues: OPI - Get Your Number, Essie - Bikini So Teeny and Essie - Lots Of Lux
There was maybe more and I could've been wrong, seriously I just had a ton of polish lined up ready to be dabbed.

Thank you very much for reading and I hope you have a great day!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment